Academy 1/48 Phantom F-4D

• 2 weeks later...

I have added a few more bits and some of the stencils from the kit decal sheet. I am not sure if they were required, but when I looked at the F-4C that I had built in a similar scheme I noticed that these type of stencils had been applied. I have also given the aircraft a full compliment of weapons, even if this particular ANG Sqn may never have carried this combination, I felt that the model required it.

Phantom%20F-4D%20033_zpsk8ryjeoc.jpg

Phantom%20F-4D%20034_zps0f37jh2q.jpg

Phantom%20F-4D%20035_zpsnwznj6pe.jpg

Hopefully I shall have this finished this week.

Lovely work, I have followed this one both visually and practically, I am working on the same kit and using the same decal sheet( I think) but doing the Texas ANG scheme. I also used the Hypersonic intakes and tail complete with the strengthening plates.

Like you said it has been a hard slog and now I'm nearly finished I found out my second bottle of ADC grey is dried out so it'll have to wait for its tanks and gear doors.

I look forward to seeing yours finished.

• 2 weeks later...

All finished now. I don't know why but I have not really got on with this kit, mainly due to the non positive fitting of some of the parts, but as I say that might be just me. The final pictures shows the other models that I have made that flew with the 171st FIS of the Michigan ANG, and I do have a few others to follow but the KC-135 will not be in 1/48th like the rest.

Phantom%20F-4D%20036_zpsuv7eqqzo.jpg

Phantom%20F-4D%20037_zpsdxnf2c6u.jpg

Phantom%20F-4D%20038_zpshynyjzp9.jpg

Phantom%20F-4D%20039_zpsnidzimku.jpg

Phantom%20F-4D%20040_zps1qmvo3qj.jpg

Phantom%20F-4D%20041_zpssz3oyecu.jpg