Dragon's new Conqueror Tank - What's wrong with it?

Mike

Let me elucidate on that last comment. I said grown-up rather than mature, as we can none of us claim that one, can we? :shrug::lol:

• Like 1

Nice one Tim - it's good that we can have a grown-up look at an upcoming model without any histrionics :frantic:

:-) but I did see it (stomps feet). Either that or it was some rather odd dream I had..................

Hmm, imminent Hannants dispatching of my Conqueror. It can sit in the to do pile till after market parts become available, ie gun barrel, metal tracks, PE detailing.

Well the postie delivered my Conqueror kit this morning. Quite a big box, not all that many parts considering. All the sprues are nicely molded. The instruction sheet is fanfold rather than booklet.

The only thing I hate about it so far are the vinyl tracks, but hopefully it won't be long before metal ones are available.

Would anyone be interested in seeing photos of the box contents?

When I'm happy with the pics I'll post a link to the photobucket directory.

As a side note, picked up a Meng A39 Tortoise, so I can complete my BAOR/post war armour trio.

Edited by andygif290368

Sorry no photos yet, main pc is out of action for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I`m waiting for the postie to deliver mine.

The moulded on handles on the rear decks would have been better if they weren`t as high as the real ones sit flush and lift out for use.

The moulded on tools will be replaced by AFV Club Cent kit spare parts.

An alternative for the DS tracks is to get a set of resin tracks from AA.

Chris Meddings of Inside The Armour has measured the turrets, both real and kit, and found a lot of errors, some of which will be difficult to rectify.

The end result, with all it`s faults, though, does look like a Conqueror Mk2 so for most folk it isn`t a disaster.

It is just like their Saladin kit, very over-priced for what you get in the box.

I'd definitely replace the DS-100, band tracks are barely tolerable in 1/72, in 1/35 they look awful and DS-100 does appear to randomly crumble to dust. I've seen the pictures too many times to doubt it. :mellow:

With regard to the Amusing Hobby version and when it might be available this is the answer I got from HLJ this week.

Dear,

Thank you for writing. According to the importer, Amusing Hobby is up and running just fine, but they did not know when Amusing Hobby can release the Conqueror tank. When we receive the news about the Conqueror, we will be definitely accepting pre-orders for it! Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Kunihiko Matsugu
HobbyLink Japan