Caproni Ca 314, Italeri, 1/72

Hi,

The last one of Caproni family from my Regia Aeronautica shelvs: Caproni Ca-314. Some other Caproni (101, 111, 133, 100) are in stash... To be done one day :).

Ca 314 is the last production variant with Isotta-Fraschini engines (I think the Isotta-Fraschini was before WWII an Italian brand like let's say Maserati today - sport and limousine cars, etc...)

I added some details mostly inside. Decals from drawer, markings for 40Sq, 76 Gr.OA (? - that is teken from a description of profile of this machine).

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

caproni 314 DSC04247

caproni 314 DSC04248caproni 314 DSC04250caproni 314 DSC04249

caproni 314 DSC04236caproni 314 DSC04235caproni 314 DSC04234caproni 314 DSC04231caproni 314 DSC04229

And unexpected "bonus track" for patient memebers of forum, who looks till the end :) - the family photo

caproni fam DSC04251

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 13

A lot of glazing in this one to cope with - must have been a pain to mask all that lot off?

Like the family shot - a nice collection.

Adam

• Like 1

Thank you Darby, Adam and Sgt.Squarehead for comments :) - I appreciete it.

Adam - actually I did not mask cabin frames at all - this is a free hand brush painting. Anyway - it takes a while to do, similar to masking....

Don't worry Darby - this is my last Caproni so far :) However, I have in stash Ca-100, but bigger project is about family Ca-101...Ca-148. I have Ca 101 (Fly Models - I will Hungarian variant), Ca-111 (Broplan vacu - but Fly announced release of it also - most likely I will do Italian from Abbisynia or Chineese one http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=117819) and Ca 133 (I am intending to do a scratch conversion to build 133 from another 101 by Fly Models - this will be from Africa, Italian one)...

Cheers

J-W

Well, Mitch - in fact it is a Caproni AND Fiat shelf: four Capronis (those from photo) and four Fiats (CR42,G50,G55 and BR20). The fifth Fiat, Cr-32 stands with Spanish Civil War Nazi planes....:)

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

Hi Jerzy!!!!

I have seen that I was missing some great works fron the "Jerzy's Skunk Works".....

I have seen you masterwork in this old but wonderfu plane and was delighting my sight and wonderin how did you have to paint all that glazingand have your kind answer a little down from the pics you shared.....nice effort. Without a doubt listening to jazz while build models pay their benefits!!!.

One of the greates things I enjoyed in every one of your builds is the wonderful way you displaye the subjects and the weathiering of them, propperly to any condition, teather of operations and weather prevalent, really a great study pf each subject to work according to the truth!!!!

I remember in the late 70's when we used to read and enjoy a great magazine, BTW the only one available here in my country because the Hobby Shop used to bring it, the old "Scale Modeler Magazine" where those nice people gave every month the news about model building and anounced those kits like this one, those that were not available here and were wanted for everyone who wanted to complete a history about the Italian aviation, only bought by "conoisseurs" who have connections to bring the kits here with everyone who travel outside the country and wanted to carry some boxes in the return trip.

I have seen some built here inthe collections of some modeling colleagues, not more than four, but not one so wel built as your nice collection.

ALSO: THank you very much for the joy of the Family Portrait, without a doubt a visit to Krakov will deal with many hours of your free time enjoying the fine art of your model building!!!!!

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

I will probably never build any Capronis in my lifetime but that CA 314 really caught my interest (the inline engines actually) and hopefully the kit is still marketed because I really want to get one.Thanks to you.Good job on the quartet!

• Like 1

Thank you Luis - I hope one day we will meet here in Krakow :)

Thank you also Kampartiger - I hope Ca 314 is still available at least on e-bay for sure. Besides Italian it can be done in Swedish markings http://www.abpic.co.uk/popup.php?q=1367944

I think also German, Belgian and French :)

I keep my fingers crossed for your purchase and build....

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1