Fiat BR 20 M, Italeri, 1/72

Hi,

Next rather archive bird from my Italian shelvs- more than 20 years from construction. Fiat BR 20 M, model by Italeri, OOB except decals (drawer mostly). Machine from 277 Squadriglia, 116 Gruppo Bomb., 37 Stormo, Lecce, Italy, Spring (April) 1941.

Before posting I cleaned and added a coat of Vallejo matt varnish (acrylic, diluted with water).

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

fiat br 20 DSC04241fiat br 20 DSC04240fiat br20 DSC04246fiat br20 DSC04245fiat br20 DSC04244fiat br20 DSC04243fiat br20 DSC04242

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 23

That's an impressive camouflage scheme. Very well done Jerzy. Joe

• Like 1

Thank you Gentelmen for comments!

Indeed, I must admit, that Italian como are one of my fovourite...In stash twelve next Italians airplanes are waiting, including Cant Z 1007, Piaggio P108 and even vacu Savoia 74 and 75 - by Broplan. Two of this dozen will be Hungarians - also not bad...

Cheers

J-W

Hi Jerzy!!!!!

its nice to see this nice kit very well done!!!!

Here in my country, some 20 years ago everyone was triying to do the latest F16 or F15 in those special camouflage, and the contest tables were fullof those "Last Generation" aircraft so a work like yours here would not have been appreciated, those colourful and very difficult works you display here are a great addition to anyone modeling knowledge, so great that it would deserve a turotial about theway how you always work this type of cammo.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Very nice and a tricky camoflage well executed. Did you brush paint it or airbrush? I found it a lovely model to build except the 2 piece, clear, nose, how did you go with the join line?

Thanks for sharing, it is a fine model of a nice aeroplane.

Shane

• Like 1

Thanks a lot- Mitch, Shane and Old Thumper - for comments :).

This is, as all (or rather - almost all) my models - hair brush painted. Exemptions are few mine old NMF ones, which I sprayed from a can. Now I prefere even in NMF to use brush and very diluted paint.. Or a dry brush technique. Regarding joint of transparent section - it was not a big problem, as I remember but now I will do this better, I think. On the bottom some traces of joint are seen. This model is some 20 years old...

Cheers

J-W

Thank you Cookenbacher and HL-10 for comments. Some Italians are like that, regarding camo... A lot of happy modelling while painting it :).

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1