MS 500, Criquet, VNAF. (Fiesler Storch)

Great build and finish Russ,never knew they were used by the Vietnamese and great scheme never seen those marking,s before,superb!

• Like 1

Love the hardstanding Russ, much better!

Models not bad too either :whistle:

(For those wondering, I've commented before that Russ models were great, but the garden table they were photographed didn't do them justice, and was distracting)

Great work, for those puzzled, I presume the VNAF took over the Cricquet from the French, who as stated built them post war, and who used them widely in Indo-China. Just re-read Bernard Fall 'Hell in a Very Small Place, the Siege of Dien Bien Phu' and they are mentioned quite often.

there is a gallery here of Criquet in Indo-china

http://www.frenchwings.net/indochina/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

Include a shot of one of these as well, and I have to say, I'd never seen this marking before I saw this build

ms500_gao_avec_equipage_vietnamien.jpg

Look forward to more VNAF from you Russ

Cheers

T

• Like 1

Love the hardstanding Russ, much better!

Models not bad too either :whistle:

(For those wondering, I've commented before that Russ models were great, but the garden table they were photographed didn't do them justice, and was distracting)

Great work, for those puzzled, I presume the VNAF took over the Cricquet from the French, who as stated built them post war, and who used them widely in Indo-China. Just re-read Bernard Fall 'Hell in a Very Small Place, the Siege of Dien Bien Phu' and they are mentioned quite often.

there is a gallery here of Criquet in Indo-china

http://www.frenchwings.net/indochina/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

Include a shot of one of these as well, and I have to say, I'd never seen this marking before I saw this build

ms500_gao_avec_equipage_vietnamien.jpg

Look forward to more VNAF from you Russ

Cheers

T

Cheers Troy, yes, you finally got me to dip my hand in my wallet and do something about that garden table and front doormat, but I`m glad you did :coolio: .

Working on some backgrounds now to do something about those conifers !.

Thanks to all for your positive feedback and for looking, the Khmer Air Force used them too

Cheers Troy, yes, you finally got me to dip my hand in my wallet and do something about that garden table and front doormat, but I`m glad you did :coolio: .

Working on some backgrounds now to do something about those conifers !.

Hi Russ

I don't find the conifers distracting, but a suggestion., don't what kind of camera you have, but might be worth checking the manual to see if ou can manually overide the aperture setting and so adjust the depth of field.

A quick google gets this...http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2013/07/17/what-is-depth-of-field-how-aperture-focal-length-and-focus-control-whats-sharp/

What is ‘depth of field’?

A camera can only focus its lens at a single point, but there will be an area that stretches in front of and behind this focus point that still appears sharp.
This zone is known as the depth of field. It’s not a fixed distance, it changes in size and can be described as either ‘shallow’ (where only a narrow zone appears sharp) or deep (where more of the picture appears sharp).

The linked page looks like decent explanation, and my apologies if I'm stating the blinkin' obvious.

If you can then the conifers would then be blurred, but naturally coloured background.

cheers

T

• Like 1

Another great build and a really interesting subject. I never knew the Vietnamese used them and I've never seen those national markings before. Great stuff.

• Like 1

Hi Russ!

Great idea well executed.

Found that topic very interesting since in my references it is said that the Criquet was the first aircraft ever flown by the VNAF. There are a couple of pictures of French and Soutvietnamese Criquets in the Squadron Signal book about the VNAF and I would really appreciate doing something similar in 1/72!

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 2

• 1 year later...