Recently completed Frog Beau as a night fighter, wanted it to look well used!

A few changes/additions;

-nacelles; tried some resin ones, very disappointing, the gills were underscale and ended up shattering the front ring. in the end I wrapped the kit item in plasticard and made the gills from a thin strip. Still under sized but a big improvement.

-antenna to wings made from thin wire

-landing lights added to wing tips

-used the decals supplied even though some broke up but note the serials as they are grey not red and seem to be the wrong number. Will add some when I have enough need to buy a sheet.

Quite please with how it turned out considering the age of the kit.

Trying to keep one step ahead of Airfix releases so Kinetic Whitley next!IMG_3514_zpsy8ecalfs.jpgIMG_3522_zpsw96ywhjg.jpgIMG_3521_zpsxjp2esjx.jpgIMG_3519_zpsmvtfib17.jpgIMG_3512_zpsx39denlu.jpgIMG_3511_zpstddvofhm.jpgIMG_3041_zps28yct316.jpg

• Like 18

Well, she certainly looks well used, so full score on that point!

I'd probably have let at least the engine collector rings and the props without that exaggerated wear – would've made the rest of the paint 'abuse' look more believable, I think.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Blimey! I thought my some of my builds were finished in a battered state! Good idea with the nacelles. I think you have to do this on the Matchbox/Revell one as well.

Lovely finish BB and those aerials are great - how fiddly that must have been!

Great work on the nacelles too - marvellous :D

Thanks for the comments.

Mitch k -kit went together pretty well, lots fewer parts than modern ones!

Pete- I agree old kits are more fun and a challenge to get a decent result.

The weathering is probably not to everyone's taste, it was inspired by well used Beau's like these.

800px-Bristol_Beaufighter_NAN15Dec43_zpsBristol_Beaufighter_AL-61A_zpss2f7xdst.j

• Like 2

Great looking build from a very old kit. Was yours an actual Frog or one of the repops?

Mitch in answer to your question, here is my Frogspawn build that I did in the obsolete kit group build.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234946416-novo-beaufighter-old-skool-build-finished/

I'm still scarred by the experience!

Trevor

Great looking build from a very old kit. Was yours an actual Frog or one of the repops?

Mitch in answer to your question, here is my Frogspawn build that I did in the obsolete kit group build.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234946416-novo-beaufighter-old-skool-build-finished/

I'm still scarred by the experience!

Trevor

Max

Thanks for the comment, genuine Frog kit, this one, although I also have the one you did,Mk21 in the stash.

Know what you mean about flash on repops, currently working on a Kinetic Whitley, I'm sure there is enough flash to mould another model!

fbeaubt_zpskle3tr0e.jpg

• Like 1