Revell 1/48 RAF Tornado - Landing Oct 2015

stalal

You should be able to, you can build one from the current boxing if your willing to scratch build or obtain the clear part for the LRMTS fairing under the nose.

The Gr4 has an extra fairing for the FLIR under the nose which would be left off for a Gr1 and the Gr1 has a cannon either side of the nose as opposed to the Gr4 single cannon on the starboard side. Chances are Revell will include the parts for the two cannons and the two blanking plates.

The pylons are also different between the IDS and RAF Tornado. The Revel kit only comes with the IDS style at present, they may update the kit, it has been shown with the larger underwing tanks but I doubt it. The 1/32 & 1/72nd revel kits only half address this detail by providing only the MACE bulges.

I've made some RAF Pylons for this kit,

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234982612-148th-raf-tornado-pylons/

Shaun.

• 5 months later...

I'm coming to the conclusion that Wonderland models is doing this to wind me up!!

It's like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. 😆

What's the consensus of opinion on the Revell generally, based on the previous versions this kit is obviously derived from? My experience of Revell kits is that they tend to need a lot of work due to fit, flash and some less than stellar moulding.

Les

Their new Tornado kit is good, the detail and fit are excellent. There's a lot of parts and time needs to be taken to read the instructions and test fit the parts but it's without doubt the best Tornado kit in 1/48.

Muzz

Got me mitts on one yesterday and did the cursory checks

Am I completely missing it or is the clear part on the FLIR sensor part No 173 on the F sprue just not there

Someone else has mentioned this, looks like they've forgotten it!

Ahhhh B*gger

Bonus with the Lima tanks though, but I don't know how accurate they are yet.

Not fussed about it not being tooled up as I've got brimstone. terma pod, Raptor pod and some lgb's , so might be able to come up with something fairly recent.