Hawker Sea Hawk FGA.6 (Hobbyboss 1/72)

Greetings comrades, I present to you this little fella, coming from the chinese manufacturer Hobbyboss

The Hawker Seahawk was a workhorse for the Royal Navy during the decade of the 50 ', and a considerable number were exported to foreign operators, particularly the Netherlands and India. During the Suez Canal crisis in 1956, the type saw extensive action being used primarily as a ground attack aircraft, and 6 squadrons were deployed in the theatre operating from the aircraft carrier HMS Eagle and HMS Albion. Although being an excellent ground attack aircraft, the type saw replacement in 1958 by the newer Supermarine Scimitar and DH Sea Vixen, reaching higher speeds and service ceiling due to it's swept wing design, which curiously Hawker decided not included in the Seahawk, probably because the aircraft design is based heavily on the old piston engine Hawker Sea Fury.
THE KIT
- Excellent kit, great detail and good fit except for the area of ​​the nozzles and the junction with the rear fuselage, which needed a LOT of putty, I do not know if the proportions are right but outright it passes the test, it looks like a Seahawk.
- Painting with Tamiya and K4 (Chilean Made) Acrylics. Built straight from the box with minor modifications mainly in the cabin.
- YOU MUST PUT WEIGHT ON NOSE! contrary to what the instructions say
:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

Hope you like it, cheers from Chile!

seahawk-1-5.jpg

seahawk-2-5.jpgseahawk-3-5.jpgseahawk-4-5.jpgseahawk-5-4.jpgseahawk-6-3.jpgseahawk-7-2.jpgseahawk-8-2.jpgseahawk-9.jpgseahawk-10.jpgseahawk-11.jpg

Edited by link1987
  • Like 28

Great job, I really liked it! Definitely a great finish. I really enjoyed the WIP pictures in the folder.

Saludos compatriota! / Best regards,

Ricardo

Edited by ricardotdr

Very nice Seahawk, you have done an excellent job.

One small point of constructive criticism, Hobby Boss screwed up the instructions and the aircraft does not carry codes on the tops of the wings. Should be an easy fix to spray over them if you are so inclined.

Pat

Very nice colourful version there, a good job indeed on what can be a small fiddly aircraft. Didn't even notice the top wing serials on the first glance! :hypnotised: I was sidetracked by the quality of the rest of the build!

BZ

Bob

Hi there,

the Seahawk is a truly great plane, and your model looks just beautiful. I love the overall colourful feel of it.

Just one small thing: it looks like you have turned the nose air scoop into a landing light... or am I mistaken?

Congrats!

JR

Very nice. Like the weathering, especially the underside, which would have been difficult to get right with lighter shades. I have this kit myself and it looks good. Looking forward to building it, so thanks for the hints and tips. Incidentally a poster above referred to a WIP thread. Do you have a link please?