J-29 Tunnan Tarangus 1/72

Very neat build indeed of the Flying Barrel – Sweden's first swept wing and purpose built jet fighter!

In fact, it's also the only Swedish Air Force type to have fired its guns in anger over foreign soil, during the UN Kongo operations in the early 1960s.

Two (very) minor nit picks: the Tunnan usually had a more 'tail down' attitude on the ground – it looks like Tarangus' main landing gear legs are a bit long. And on the underside of the wings, it might be a good idea to mark the aileron hinge line where it's now covered by the national markings decals.

A splendid piece of modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Very nice! I like the look of Tunnan with training stripes! It's different!

Re 'tail down attitude' - mine sits at pretty similar angle - I think it looks ok. But I must admit that fitting main gear was a bit complicated task with Tarangus kit. There are no locator tabs for resin gear bays. And resin bays do not perfectly fit the shape of fuselage. Moreover main gear legs are installed at an angle. So you need to fit everything many times before you stick puzzle together. I actually extended main gear (2-3 mm) and then played a bit to make sure tail is vertical.

Edited by Dennis_C