SH-60B Seahawk - who makes the most accurate one in 1/72?

TomW

As a follow on to my thread on the RH-53D and the great information it uncovered for me I need some guidance on the smaller ship borne helo's operated by the US Navy. I've already got an Airfix Kaman Seasprite in the stash (and a lovely kit it is too - one of Airfix's best) but I want to portray its successor the SH-60B Seahawk in my line-up.

So the question is fairly simple - Who makes the most accurate Seahawk in 1/72? Hasegawa, Hobbyboss or Italeri/Tamiya? (plus anyone else I've forgotten about)

Over to you gents, please enlighten me :D

Regards

Tom

I'm not sure about the respective accuracy of the kits, but the Hobby Boss kit is beautifully detailed, including the ASW equipment in the cabin.

Regards,

Murph

Hey Tom,

I've built both the SH-60B and HH-60J by Hobby Boss and can highly recommend them. They do have some things that need fixing (if you want) like..

• no detail on the centre console
  • no collectives for the cockpit
  • OOB sits a bit high on the main gear
  • blades need correcting (depending on type)

But please don't let that put you off them and they offer plenty of bits for your pounds and I found the fit to be really great on them.

This amazing Seahawk build on Britmodeller by Vitor Sousa shows what a genius can be done with them!

HTH.

Dermot