1/48 - Douglas F3D-2 Skyknight (ex-Czech Model) by Encore Models - released

Homebee

Was thinking about buying one of these until:

A. I read the reviews…and…...

B. I discovered that the Exclusive Distributor (Squadron Mail Order) would sell me the kit for $59.95 but charge me $75.00 shipping !!

No thanks……I'll wait for the Hobby Boss/Trumpeter one

Was thinking about buying one of these until:

A. I read the reviews…and…...

B. I discovered that the Exclusive Distributor (Squadron Mail Order) would sell me the kit for $59.95 but charge me $75.00 shipping !!

No thanks……I'll wait for the Hobby Boss/Trumpeter one

That put me off somewhat too. But then I looked on EBay:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=runforcover!&item=331567681361&_osacat=1188&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC1.A0.H0.Xskynight.TRS0&_nkw=skynight&_sacat=1188

Runforcover! is a good eBay seller. I've used them quite often. What is the shipping cost they quote to the UK from the US? I can only see the shipping cost from Brooklyn to Rochester NY (five quid, not too bad).

Cheers,

Bill

They quote £18.32 postage ! however that is EBay's postage calculator which is far out for US shipments to the UK.

However if you bid they can charge this shipping, though I find with US sellers if you contact them they will give you the correct postage (with the exception of Squadron!)

I've used runforcover numerous times and they have always provided good service. Postage came to £18.90. Yes it's still quite expensive but a lot less than Squadron.

• 2 weeks later...

Run away! I built this and Me 263 kit when they came out, extremely poor fit of underdetailed parts, somebody will sooner or later produce Skynight with current tech.

Unless you have inside information I'm still sorely tempted by this. Ditto the Me263. I have a feeling it will be a very long time before we see new kits of either subject....

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently trying to build the Me-263 1/48 from Czech Models.

Well, I cantell that a discovered a totally new meaning for the expression "crap fitting".

Hope it turns out a nice model - because, for now, it is just a bad-fitting model with a bad plastic surface.

Cheers!

• Like 1