Felixstowe Finished!

I have said this before. This goes beyond mere model building, it is craft, artistry and alchemy at a truly breathtaking level skill.

What a stunning build. I'm not normally a fan of WWI subjects but i've been following this build and Mike Robinson's closely.

Looks like a delight to paint, and a nightmare to rig. You're a better man than i!!

david

Never mind setting the bar high, you have sent it out in to space. What an incredible model. Only four months to get a result like that is quick work.

Magnificent, the rigging looks especially good, so four months to build, time very well spent. Congratulations and superb pics too.

Colin

My gob is smacked, my ghast is flabbered and basically I am now in the process of downing tools and thinking where best to sell my stash!

It's that level of superb craftsmanship that I aspire to, Guy. She's a beautiful kit just sitting in the box, which is where mine still is, but I should take that leap of faith and just go for it!

Hopefully catch up for that beer one day soon. I'm back for the sim in Sept, at Burgess Hill.

Take care and I'm looking forward to seeing the Felixstowe in the flesh at Telford.

MOTY%20-%20logo3%20-%20SM3SM_zpsrpqvjxyg

Guy,

As you know, I - along with everyone else here - have followed your work on this kit since the very beginning. The 1/32 scale WNW Felixstowe F.2A kit is pretty awesome in itself as a manufactured item, but what you have done to it has taken it well beyond a 'finished plastic model kit'.

What you have built - and with the way you have built it - you have created something very special, an absolutely flawless beautiful museum quality rendition of a flying boat that carries so much in the way of detail, requiring a real talent to bring it all together in the way that you have. It is about as perfect as it's possible to achieve in my humble opinion.

Regardless of it being a flying boat, it is in anyone's book a 'showstopper' of a build the like of which one doesn't see all that often executed to this level of paint and detail finish. Even the finished model photographs are not the usual 'here it is' offering, they are superbly shot as well.

In recognition of your talent as a scale modeler and for the fact that you have taken one of my all-time favourite flying boats and completed it to such a staggeringly high standard, you are indeed the worthly recipient of the SEAWINGS Gold Medal Model Award 2015.

It won't change your life(!) but it will go with the permanent article planned for the site so that all the build notes and tips can be preserved for others in the future.

Very well done, Guy.

PS: What are you planning next?

Edited by seawings
  • Like 1

Guy,

congratulations on one of the most fantastic pieces of modelling that I have ever seen. Beautiful and a work of art don't even come close to describing it.

This is truly inspirational model making and one of the best builds I've seen in a long time.

Well done!

Chris