BAe Harrier GR.3, Falklands War, 1/72 Italeri

Another one from my Falklands collection - 1/72 Harrier GR.3 of 1. Squadron RAF, Operation Corporate, Falklands 1982. Italeri (ex-ESCI) kit. Resin MB Mk.9B ejection seat from Pavla was used. Some modifications were made (1mm longer nose, "bubble" with antenna under the nose, air scoops etc.). The rest is out of the box, including decals. Model is still waiting for some armament on outer pylons. :pipe:

Harrier serial XZ988, number 34 was onboard HMS Hermes. During attack on Argentine land forces on 27th May 1982 this aircraft was shot down by Argentine AA, pilot Sqn. Ldr. R. D. Iveson ejected behind enemy lines and was successfully evacuated. Remains of XZ988 you can still see somewhere in the area of Goose Green.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you like it!

Regards,

Alex

Edited by alex_stela
new links to photos
  • Like 46
  • Thanks 1

Thx guys!

Can I ask what paint you used for the RAF dark green?

I don`t remember now, but I think that the base was acrylic paint from Agama (Czech producer), probably B1M. But I mixed it with something else to catch the color, so I can`t give you clear answer. :(

Regards, Alex.

Damn! That is one fine looking Harrier!

Had to double check the scale as it doesn't look like its only 72nd.

Excellent work :goodjob:

Great job, lovely Harrier, plus I couldn`t have the Argie Etendard sitting above it in the list could I!!

Cheers,

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex,

Stonking build...really bluddy good.

Can I ask what colours you used & who made them? Having some difficulties in selecting the green & grey for my GR3. Yours looks spot on.

ATB.......