A-4C Skyhawk, Falklands War, 1/72 Fujimi

Here is my A-4C Skyhawk in 1/72 made from Fujimi kit, converted to Argentine version (mainly self-made antennas). I also used Pavla resin ESCAPAC ejection seat. Decals are mix of DP Casper, Xtradecal and Condor Decals Falklands War`s sets. The rest is out of the box.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

My inspiration was this well known photo:

spacer.png

Most probably it`s A-4C number C-313 of Teniente Jorge Casco in it`s last flight on 9th May 1982. This day C-313 crashed during combat flight, pilot died. Jorge Casco was buried 27 years later (7th March 2009) on Argentine Military Cemetery, Darwin, Falklands.

Model is just my interpretation of this aircraft before the start. It was really hard to match the right colors. I know that`s a problem for everybody who wants to make Argentine A-4C - on every photo the colors look different.

Hope you like it. B)

Edited by alex_stela
new links to photos
  • Like 57

Nice result. The colors of the Argentinian A-4C´s during the conflict are still much discussed. But I think they are spot on.

Last summer a Brazilian modeler showed here the same model but in 1:48 scale and was not very well received. I think you had better luck...so far.

Edited by luis pacheco

Very nice build.

Regarding colors, it is not hard to get confused as there is a lot of poorly printed pictures out there. Even a slight shift produces catastrofic results. And even your own pictures show different colours.

Best regards,

Jorge.