Kits in Spaaaaaaaaaace!

Thanks mate. Not easily is the answer, kit has no clear parts or indications where windows should be. I tacked the 2 main body parts togther and stuck on the window decals. Let them dry then cut the windows out using those as a template, then picked off the decal and filled it with clear resin (with tape on the otherside to hold it. The engines were cut off then cut out and replaced with clear red plastic. Then holes drilled in the engines and SMD leds stuck behind the holes and filled with clear red. There are others you cant really see in the pics to create a red glow. There artent really enough windows but they are placed on the sudio model where they would bleed too much in areas of the kit.

I knew about the no windows, I have it in the stash but have never seen one built and lit!

I might steal your ideas on it, funnily enough my bank holiday build is planned to be this kit.

What's the Klingon kit? Cos that's also fantastic.

Bog standard 1/350 Bird of Prey - re-released numerous times (not the Round 2 version) just made in cruise mode, can also be done in attack mode (wings down). Easier to light as the indications where the windows are moulded in just needs to be cut out. Few fibre optics added too. Thanks again.

Edited by celticwardog

Bog standard 1/350 Bird of Prey - re-released numerous times (not the Round 2 version) just made in cruise mode, can also be done in attack mode (wings down). Easier to light as the indications where the windows are moulded in just needs to be cut out. Few fibre optics added too. Thanks again.

Must get me one of them then.

Edited by khimbar