Revell Kazon Raider

The bits that are now red were just moulded rounded things. I cut them off slowlly until it was flat, this automaticllay made the same shped hole That I tidied up. Then stuck on clear red plastic. Alas it isnt tubular as it was and now flat

but better than no lit engines at all.

The bits that are now red were just moulded rounded things. I cut them off slowlly until it was flat, this automaticllay made the same shped hole That I tidied up. Then stuck on clear red plastic. Alas it isnt tubular as it was and now flat

but better than no lit engines at all.

Makes sense, I've been looking at mine and wondering how to light that bit. They lit or just very well painted?

One SMD LED is superglued on the inside of the hole pointing towards the back of the ship, so its brighter at the other end and gets dimmer the closer it gets to the back. But just one rather than a series of say three how one might normally light an engine like that.

Edited by celticwardog

• 4 weeks later...

An awesome job, weathering is really nice.

What color brown/tan did you use for the main body?

I have the Monogram version of this, all it says is tan, but ive read the Revell re-issue says mix colors.

I have a pot of Humbrol 26 Khaki Brown, begging to be used, not sure if thats too dark though.

Edited by Deadman Disciple

Hi mate and thanks, it was a mixed colour. Mainly Humbrol enamel 118, I think with added 62 leather and probably a touch of black to darken it. Stippled/drybrushed in the same but lighter then given a black wash too but most of it then removed.

Edited by celticwardog