Three Queens at Liverpool

sailorboy61

I work in the Cunard Building at the Pier Head and they are shutting it on the day. VIP's only.

Argh!

Vast crowds expected. Park and Ride schemes on Wirral at least. Merseyrail may not be working due to a rail strike (check beforehand if thinking of that method of transportt). Nearest Merseyrail station is James Street or Hamilton Square on the Wirral.

Come VERY early.

Trevor

I work in the Cunard Building at the Pier Head and they are shutting it on the day. VIP's only.

Argh!

Vast crowds expected. Park and Ride schemes on Wirral at least. Merseyrail may not be working due to a rail strike (check beforehand if thinking of that method of transportt). Nearest Merseyrail station is James Street or Hamilton Square on the Wirral.

Come VERY early.

Trevor

Daren't even think of coming that side of the river!

I'm two minutes walk from the prom, and can see quite a bit from my windows, but not quite as far up at pier head. will be an interesting couple of days.

I have tried to get a hotel for the night, with no luck. I may try and drive up for the day with the family, any ideas on where to park? or a good safe place to park and get a bus/ train in? I normally use the Capital car park, but guess it will be packed?

Quite frankly I think the city centre will be impossible to navigate in your own car. Signs are going up already advising of road closures and diversions. Park and ride is probably your best solution.

Any vantage point on either side of the river will also be a no parking zone.

You are best looking at websites for the Liverpool Echo, Merseytravel, BBC Liverpool/Radio Merseyside and the like for information.

Good luck!

Trevor