Revell 1/48 Rafale, it's canard

Bonjour, I forgot this GB was on and since the massive Orange Phantom is back under the couch until my eyesight returns I thought I'd get cracking with this:

930c60b8-fe8a-4ffc-9519-366927ece6c9_zps

This isn't the first one I've made as the Hobby Boss one is currently out the way in the "to repair" pile but I absolutely love this aircraft.

First up the seat
IMG_0659_zpsqdwrkrzi.jpg

It went together with absolutely no issues at all the cockpit is also really simple to put together, there's only one issue I have with these and this is the front end, because of the shape it's not the sturdiest and has taken some pushing to get it together

IMG_0662_zpsauoioqvo.jpg

There's some filling needed along the join along the front and along the nose gear bay which was smaller than the space made and so moved out of alignment a bit. The seat needs painting and the last few things done in the cockpit, then it's onto the rest of the assembly, all in all that's about an hour and a half's work there.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

A bit more progress on this today (the purchasing of 'Humphrey' put this on the go slow pile) Wings all attached tailplane all on and the intakes. Landing gear is now on but the Camera has got a flat battery. As for the colour, I've settled on Humbrol 128, a nice blue grey.
Warships IFR has a 2 part story on the CDG in last months and this months so there's some good reference photos in there, one thing I've noticed is these things get grimy fast, one shot has streaky dirt running all over so it's obviously been in the rain.

IMG_0664_zpsann8ivaz.jpg

IMG_0665_zpsrfty2irg.jpg

IMG_0666_zpskfelaia3.jpg

• Like 1