Corgi 1/32 Spitfire Colours

Jaguar

I haven't seen the models so I don;t know how accurate the colours are, but they are supposed to be RAF Dark Earth and Dark Green, available in most paint ranges. Xtracrylix is probably a good starting point, then you may need to make fine adjustments to match what's already on the model.

Wouldn't trust corgi I have a rather old and battered metal mk ii spitfire toy... It have mk vc cannon buldge on upper wing, mkvb buldge on the lower but mkii armament of eight mg's. Poor confused little chap.... Oh and the colours are the wrong shade, I feel I have been cheated as a child

Rob

Rob, I think you are rather confusing this:

1771_l.jpg

... with a totally unrelated product by a different maker:

AA33907_1013061_Qty1_1.jpg

It comes in several different colour schemes but all that I have seen are Dark Green and Dark Earth topsides. It looks a pretty decent model apart from being a touch short of dihedral.

• Like 1

The dark green on the older model looks better than the rather lurid green on the later model! The Dark Green had half the diffuse reflectivity of the Dark Earth and less tendency to chalk so should always appear the darker of the two colours.

Nick

Rob, I think you are rather confusing this:

1771_l.jpg

... with a totally unrelated product by a different maker:

AA33907_1013061_Qty1_1.jpg

It comes in several different colour schemes but all that I have seen are Dark Green and Dark Earth topsides. It looks a pretty decent model apart from being a touch short of dihedral.

You are of course entirely right! Must pay more attention to my toys....

Rob