Ork Deff Dread

Warhammer 40,000

Another old Warhammer build. Not painted to any of the standard GW Ork clan colour schemes as I don't really like them that much. I don't play so I don't have to worry about army building and I go with what colour appeals at the time. With this it was a desert scheme, albeit with rather conspicuous bright blue highlights. For the most part, it's OOB but I replaced the moulded cables with insulated wire and the tusks came from an Ork Battlewagon.

Enjoy the shots

9542882520_29aabedef9_b.jpg

9542878174_d50ede9cd0_b.jpg

9540079033_16a1764ce6_b.jpg

9542869874_bf558a5cff_b.jpg

9540055869_18456a9faa_b.jpg

9540066887_ef8095432e_b.jpg

9542851378_516b1c0d08_b.jpg

9542848152_18b485134e_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

• Like 10

I love that, Andy!

I'm no fan of the 'Eavy Metal/GW style myself. I know, I know, it's technically proficient, it's very photogenic, their painters are insanely skilled (youth! <_< wasted on the bloody young!) but it doesn't really do it for me.

The metalwork on yours is superb! Hard to believe there's actually plastic under the chipped, battered and rusty paintwork. I keep on finding a new favourite bit! I'm going with the face for now- the osl, the bare metal, the different kinds of rust and streaking. Masterfully done.

Did I say how much I love that mini? :worthy:

• Like 1

That's a great mini. The chipping effects are very well done!

If I had one comment it would be the similarity of the colours used for the eye's OSL, and the blue trim on the arms and backpack. I think (and it's just my opinion) that using different colours (green for the eye) would have set them apart a little more effectively, if you see what I mean. That's a small point though; I really like your painting style.

cheers,

Jason

Edited by JasonC
  • Like 1

it never ceases to amaze me the amount of work and skill that goes into a well built warhammer subject. My son used to be heavily into it and spent ages working on such imaginative and amazing designs.

Having had a good look at your work here Andy - yet again I am blown away with attention to detail, shading, colour mix and creativity

tip top

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments everyone

If I had one comment it would be the similarity of the colours used for the eye's OSL, and the blue trim on the arms and backpack. I think (and it's just my opinion) that using different colours (green for the eye) would have set them apart a little more effectively, if you see what I mean. That's a small point though; I really like your painting style.

Yes, I think you're right, green or maybe red would have been better for the eye. To be honest, the OSL on the eye was a bit of an after though as I don't usually add lighting effects to miniatures. Most of the time I think it makes them look a bit fake and cartoony, but the eye's so prominent on this that I felt it needed something added.

Thanks again

Andy