Found this old one whilst packing for Lancing show a few weeks back and in view of the renewed interest in Thunderbirds thought I would share

It's a Comet Miniatures casting from circa 1989 I think, approx 6cm long so its very small. I think the tail was separate and recall drilling out the engines. Paint would have been Humbrol back in the day.

I might strip it and repaint, perhaps with some TLC to the engines.

I've also got a Space Shuttle with Crawler in same range still unassembled, may have to give that a go too. Not sure what else was in the range.

Hope you enjoy

Chris

tb2a.jpg

tb2b.jpg

tb2c.jpg

tb2d.jpg

tb2e.jpg

tb2f.jpg

• Like 3

I remember having a Fireball XL5 from the same range.I think Comet did a load of Anderson machines.Don't know what the hell happened to mine hehe!

Like this one at £40 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Comet-miniatures-rare-fireball-XL5-metal-model-/281673418791?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41950b4827 ?

Note to self: should not have looked at eBay .....

Nice to see this little gem of a Thunderbird. I have seen these for sale on Ebay occasionally but never nicely built and painted.

Last night I was trying to explain to my 25 year old son why I watch the new Thunderbirds series - he could not get his head around why his nearly 50 year old dad sets a series link on his sky box and wont go anywhere on Sunday until he's watched a cartoon ! He thinks I am mad - so what.... Thunderbirds rule

• Like 1