1/72 - KAI T-50 by Academy - released

Homebee

Was hoping for a real kit, oh well.

Paul Harrison

• Like 2

Upon further reflection and o troll through the Internet photos, it seems as though it might be possible to use F-16 gear and gear bays, if you really want aT-50 and I do. Should not come as a great surprise. The T-50 doesn't just resemble an F-16, General Dynamics/Locheed Martin was heavily involved in the design of the T-50. Might have to acquire an Academy 1/48 T-50 for reference and an F-16 for parts. Pretty good return for Academy on a simple little kit.

At the Hobbyeasy page is preorder only for new F-4 Phantom but not for this T-50.

Box looks complete korean without englis translation.

Will be this kir released for international market or only for Korean?

And one idea - still is chance for updated version with new parts and landing gear.

Remember kits from Monogram - Revell-USA:

1/72 YF-22 , 1/72 F-117A and 1/144 B-2A - all vere produced in two versions. Basic Snaptite without landing gear and weapon bays. And better standard kit with new fuselage bottom, weapons and landing gear

158547-11991.jpg

128688-11185.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reviewed this one today and it is more suited to the younger modeller, use this as a stepping stone to help towards more complex kits.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234989758-kai-t-50-golden-eagle-172-academy-multi-color-parts/

We keep bemoaning the lack of youngsters in the hobby so we can hope kits like this get them interested.

Julien

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been wanting to get my hands on one of these in 1/72 ever since they brought out the 1/48 scale example, and now Academy have done so - Yes it's very basic, yes it's a snap-tite kit, but for anyone with good modelling skills, and a bit of patience this could become a great little addition to your collection - More a toy than a kit???!!! - I've seen lots of so called kits that were far worse than this . Academy have done a fantastic job on the fit and detail, and if an F-16 gearbay can be used to give it legs, with a little bit of detailing on the part of the modeller, ie seatbelts, paint job etc.. It'll be a winner! .. Well worth the effort. :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Tony R

I thought I'd post this pic of my completed subject, just to show what can be done if one puts their mind to it. It may not be 100% accurate but it'll do for me!

P1010206.jpg

Tony R

Edited by TonyR
  • Like 1