Spitfire Mk.VIII SEAC 1/48 Eduard - pics heavy (edit:underside shots added)

Hello guys, finaly i have finished my next kit - this time i did build Eduard´s new tool Spitfire Mk.VIII (overtrees edition - only plastic sprues, no decals, no PE, no resin, ... )

I have to say it is realy great kit, it goes together realy well!! Aftermarket used here - Eduard Bras-in gun bay, Rob Taurus vacu canopy, fabric seat belts, Bras-in wheels and mainly Montex set of masks for SEAC Spitfire Mk.VIII. WIP for anyone interested http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234980544-spitfire-mkviii-seac-148-eduard-montex/

And here are the final shots :) Enjoy and thanks for watching guys :)

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

077.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

EDIT: i forgot to add shots of the underside, so here we go ;)

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

092.jpg

Once again, thanks for watching guys :)

Edited by Wolwe82
  • Like 34

Wonderful,....simply wonderful,.......what a great model with superb paintwork!

I`m currently in the middle of building two of these kits and I`ll be happy if they come anywhere near this standard,.....I wish!!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Hi Wolwe. You builds simply get better and better!! Superb modelling building at every level. Your WIP was a joy to follow. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Thanks to all of you guys for your great words :) I found out i forgot to add the pitot tube under wing... :banghead: so i ll fix this tomorrow :)

to Mike yea, you are right, there should be yellow tips on the prop :( but one day i was notthinkingahead and glued the propeller on the nose before i did paint the tips.. aaand now i would have to mask the whole model to not have yellow overspray here and there.. :( (yes, yellow colour seriously HATES me and does not matter how small part i need to spray, i always get overspray all around the kit! :D )

I've got five or six of these new Eduard Spitfires in mk.IX (early and late) and mk.VIII versions but with work like yours popping up on the forum I'm scared to start mine! That is brilliant modelling, thanks for sharing it.

• Like 1

Thanks to all of you guys for your great words :) I found out i forgot to add the pitot tube under wing... :banghead: so i ll fix this tomorrow :)

to Mike yea, you are right, there should be yellow tips on the prop :( but one day i was notthinkingahead and glued the propeller on the nose before i did paint the tips.. aaand now i would have to mask the whole model to not have yellow overspray here and there.. :( (yes, yellow colour seriously HATES me and does not matter how small part i need to spray, i always get overspray all around the kit! :D )

I paint the prop tips with a hairy stick on 1/72 aircraft, no masking, just painting by eye. Trust me, no one will know......

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

I ll think about it Mike :) but because the kit was built as a gift, i do not need superb historical accuracy, so i might as well just leave it as it is. But thanks for tip about the tips ;)

Mark do not be scared at all! :) The kit itself is AMAZING!! And i always say - if i can make it, anyone can ;) One just needs the right tools, look around how others are doing that and that and also have the courage to try new things :) So good luck and i ll be happy to see more spitfires around! :D

You've done it again Wolwe - the finish, weathering and chipping all look so real, and the added detail is superb!

I really like the results of using the masks instead of decals. That may be the next idea I try and steal - I mean gratefully borrow - from you.

• Like 1