Italeri 1/48 P-70 'Black Bug'

OOB build, cursing all the way the lack of clear mounting-points or positive attachments for almost anything... I am proud to say that there is not a drop of unmixed black anywhere on this 'black' nightfighter. The weathering takes inspiration from the box-art, combining the fading of tropical sun and the grime of tropical rain...

This is also a bit of a tribute to my Dad, Robert, who passed away after a short illness last week. He got me into Airfix and Matchbox kits when I was a kid, giving me a hobby to return to in middle age. All the other things he did for me I won't trouble you with, but he was a great Dad, and I hope I'm doing as well as he did...

Anyway, the plane:

IMG_0375_zps8ac1my47.jpg

IMG_0374_zpsdlmnrzhy.jpg

IMG_0373_zpsmbwofmhv.jpg

IMG_0376_zpstyvmnpjo.jpg

IMG_0377_zpslrweib7v.jpg

IMG_0378_zpsbyztwvzj.jpg

IMG_0380_zps477zkca1.jpg

IMG_0379_zpsgsnmg2zj.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 21

Really sorry to hear about your dad Dave, it must be a difficult time for you.

A great tribute however, he's taught you well. You've cracked that worn black finish :)

I look forwards to seeing more of your skills that your father passed on.

Cheers

Neil

As others have said, a fitting tribute to your dad. An excellent job - hopefully modelling will be of some help to you in coming to terms with your loss.

Dave, that is stunning! The faded finish is nothing short of brilliant! But that's not important right now...

...what is important is the fact that your Dad was a great Dad. I'm sorry to hear he has passed on, condolences to you, family and friends etc.

He's taught you well though!