My latest completed build for 2015. This is the old Airfix Mossie "upgraded" with radome nose and the option to build the Swedish J20 version with the 4 blade prop. I wanted an RAF type so the radome is the only different part from the nice early seventies moldings most of you may be familiar with. For an old tool kit it builds up very well. As is the norm with old school airfix there is nowt in the cockpit other than the seats, a flat cockpit floor, and an instrument panel. I added some boxes to replicate the radar equipment to fill out the void and blanked off the rear area so you don't see way into the fuselage. The decals with this set have invasion stripes printed with the roundels on but as i can never get these to work i opted for leaving them off and put on wing roundels from the spares box. Still a nice kit when its built up, and way cheaper than the Tamiya version. Thats one less in the stash.... :thumbsup: room for some more! Comments please, hope you like.

IMG_0837_zpsbivckzng.jpg

IMG_0834_zpsbyv22q8c.jpg

IMG_0831_zpsaiorjokp.jpg

IMG_0836_zpsbr0uubcs.jpg

• Like 25

Great job Greg!! A bit like Spitfires you can never have too many! I must have a go at a Mossie at some point. Thank you for sharing. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Wow, it s done and it looks great, Gregor. Beautiful build, really nice old scool modelling !

The well done curvy but hard edged color demarcation, came out great !

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Nicely done Gregor, and you are right about the cockpit area, the kit`s is non existent as such.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Simon.

Cheers Simon. It was a nice relaxing build.

Great job Greg!! A bit like Spitfires you can never have too many! I must have a go at a Mossie at some point. Thank you for sharing. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

My pleasure Stix, thanks for the kind comment.

• Like 1

Very :goodjob: A bit nostagic for me as I built 3 of the old Airfix Mossies a long time ago. I remember thinking it was a good kit and appeared to capture the lines of the aircraft quite well although I'm no Mossie expert ;)

Hi and thanks for looking. The Airfix kit looks like a Mosquito to me, and builds up nicely. If you get the current boxing from Airfix it still has the same 3 options you got in the 70's.

Wow, it s done and it looks great, Gregor. Beautiful build, really nice old scool modelling !

Thanks mate, glad you liked it!

• Like 1

Very good Mosquito Greg. Nicely weathered. Joe :)

• Like 1

Cracking "mozzy" Greg,built the Night fighter version last year great fun.

Cheers Steve. A nice relaxing build. I liked your MkII night fighter.

Thanks mate, glad you like it.

Very nice.It's a nice model considering its vintage (1973 I think). I expect Airfix will get around to a 1/72 new tool in time.

Thanks Eric. I think you're right about the original tooling. My kit was a "re-tooling" reissue c1990's with an additional sprue to make a J20 Swedish version with 4 bladed props. Still a very nice kit to build. Thanks for looking. :thumbsup2:

Great Mossie, I'm having mossie withdrawal symptoms, now I've seen yours I may need to build another!!

Get the Airfix kit. Still builds up nice. Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Very good Mosquito Greg. Nicely weathered. Joe :)

Thanks Joe, much appreciated. Greg

• Like 1