1:250 HMV Paper Model <<Wuppertal>>, Cuxhaven, 1955.

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure about the next one - maybe an older battleship, or maybe a supply ship. what I need to get sorted is how to roll tiny tubes of paper accurately (i.e. 1mm or 2mm diameter). I ended up peeling the back layers of paper off these bits to make rolling easier, and then forming them around a drill bit... but then how to stick the edges together easily?

Still a lot to learn.

• Like 1

Very nice! Papermodels are fun to build, and you did a nice job on the Wuppertal. I'm building the Bruno Illing right now, about the same size from the same manufactuer.

Alex

That's really quite incredible - would never have believed it was a paper model if you hadn't said! What material are the laser cut railings? Are they paper or card too?

I have to admit that I've long had an aversion to paper models that goes back to the dark ages when I was young, when I used to have terrible results whenever I tried to make one - & my parents would insist on buying me a book of paper models every Christmas it seemed! So I don't think I would ever get a result approaching yours!

Tremendous model Doc.!

Keith

Alex, the Bruno Illing is another model I'd like to build - what is its difficulty rating?

Keith, the railings are thin card, laser cut. Very delicate as you can imagine, so I painted them with thin pva to stiffen them.

The model is very well designed and the fit is great. You do have to be precise with cutting out though!

Thanks for the comments guys.