Azur 1/72 Morane-Saulnier MS406C "Battle of France"

Magnifique! The matt coat has toned down those transfers and the camouflage looks like it might hide something now :D

Lovely model Stew :clap:

• Like 1

A very good looking model Stew, I like the exhausts you have added, plus the gun sight too, so all in all a great result. :goodjob:

Rob.

Edited by bobster
  • Like 1

Magnifique! The matt coat has toned down those transfers and the camouflage looks like it might hide something now :D

Lovely model Stew :clap:

Thanks Ced - I added a little light grey and a little sandy-brown to the varnish mix to fade the colours out a bit, top marks for observation B)

Very handsome build indeed. Homely aeroplane, but beautiful build :lol:

Thanks Mitch :D - I like the lines of the Morane (and I believe that secretly you do as well :lol:) and if nothing else can be said of it, it has character :D

A very good looking model Stew, I like the exhausts you have added, plus the gun sight too, so all in all a great result. :goodjob:

Rob.

Thanks Rob; most of the exhaust came with that boxing of the kit as resin parts, and as for the gunsight... I wouldn't have had to do that if I hadn't knocked the etched one off so many times that it eventually just vanished without trace :lol:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

I need a 'Stew Dapple Build Alert' for my computer. They make those don't they? They're probably in the Mr. Hobby Belly aisle, I'll check next time.

Another glorious build Stew, and wonderful details throughout.

I've meaning to ask, what matt varnish do you use Stew?

• Like 2

Hey Cookie,

Thank you very much :D

The varnish I used was originally recommended to me by you, I believe, it is Windsor and Newton Galeria tinted with a couple of small blobs of Citadel Paints light grey and pale sand colours.

It might not have been your recommendation come to think of it, my brain is mush this week, perhaps W&N Galeria is not available in the USA...?

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Excellent build Stew.

I hope the new job is going ok?

Thanks very much Jim - the new job... well, the training which I'll be doing until mid-June - is going very well thanks but having so much new stuff crammed into my head each day has left me a bit worn out. Not complaining though, it's good to be back into the swing of things.

Hi Stew, I don't know if I recommended it or not, but that's what I use! Never thought to tint it though. Thanks Stew!

Ah good then it was you Cookie - thanks for the recommendation, it is good stuff. It's easy enough to tint it to 'muffle' colours if they look a bit too intense for your tastes, but remember a little acrylic paint in the varnish mix goes a long way, better to under-do it and have to do another coat than to overdo it... :)

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

Very nice Stew, I like this very much, it just looks right.

I was going to ask about the tint in the varnish, but you have answered before I could ask, good tip,

Sean

• Like 1

Very nice Stew, I like this very much, it just looks right.

I was going to ask about the tint in the varnish, but you have answered before I could ask, good tip,

Sean

Thanks very much mate :D

Man, started after me and finished before :hanging: In my defence I am re-decorating my house as well. Looks great Stew!

Yeah, a 1:1 scale house requires a lot of work in comparison and is inversely entertaining for the proportion of work put into it :lol: Yours is nearly done anyway, isn't it?

Cheers,

Stew

Yeah, just waiting an envelope from Mitch with the tail flash, a satin varnish and she's good to go!

It went in the post this weekend - sorry for the delay ,I haven't been able to get out of the house!

That's turned out quite nice! The one at Duxford has been there a good while, it was at the first show I went to in 2002.

thanks

Mike

Wow, is it really that long since I've been to Duxford? :fraidnot: It wasn't there last time I was... yes, that would have been around 1999.

Cheers,

Stew

Wow, is it really that long since I've been to Duxford? :fraidnot: It wasn't there last time I was... yes, that would have been around 1999.

All the more reason to go around, oh, say, September 19...

• Like 2

Ah PC, ever there with the apposite film quote, and well done - that's the first time I have ever laughed at Jim Carrey :D

The tickets are affordable, the distance - compared to the distance that you will be travelling at least - negligible, I should be well enough established at work by then to at least book a long weekend off and can possibly get my folks to look after the dog... but once you start involving employers, family etc. then it becomes less straightforward, so I will have to do some checking around.

It would be good to make the physical acquaintance of some of our forum-peers (as opposed to a virtual acquaintance I mean, I'm not planning on getting physical* with any of you, grand fellows though you undoubtedly are :D)

Cheers,

Stew

* Yes this actually was acceptable in the Eighties.

• Like 2