1/48 - Yakovlev Yak-9DD/TD & Yak-9D by Modelsvit - released - new Foxbot Decals

Homebee

Release expected in July 2020 - ref. 4812 - Yakovlev Yak-9TD

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2672017859733915&set=a.1859368940998815

This July we are up to release in 1/48 scale - Yak-9TD, a rare modification of famous WWII Yak-9 fighter, mainly produced in 1944. The kit constists of 86 plastic parts and comes with decals for 3 marking variants, adhesive masks and rubber tyres.

MSVIT48012.jpg

Source: https://www.modelsvit-eshop.com/c/aviation-1/yak-9td-soviet-wwii-fighter-143

8c309579154ec80fbf929d24382035b8.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Word has it elsewhere on this forum that Modelsvit will produce a series of Yak-9's in 1/72 scale, just like they're doing in 1/48. Anyone have any idea regarding timing? Maybe they could slot in a few 1/72 ones (Yak-9D, Yak-9T for starters) among the thumb-scale releases for a change of pace? Just a suggestion - they can thank me later...

John

• Like 4

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Yakovlev Yak-9DD & Yak-9D by Modelsvit - Yak-9DD & TD released - Yak-9D 3D renders+sprues+box art - release Summer 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Yakovlev Yak-9DD & Yak-9D by Modelsvit - Yak-9DD & TD released - Yak-9D renders+sprues+box art+schemes - release Summer 2021

Nice! Even though they're not my preferred scale, I've already bought the earlier Modelsvit Yak-9 releases (or maybe it was two of the -9DD) just because, well, they're Yak-9s, after all, and anyone who releases new kits of them even in 1/48 deserves my (and everyone's!) support. I'll be buying this one, too, even though one of the -9DDs was intended to become a Yak-9D using the Vector resin fuselage. Now, if only someone would follow Modelsvit's lead and do the whole series of VK-105-powered Yak-9s in 1/72 scale!

See here for a good reference to the camouflage scheme on Mikhail Grib's White 22:

https://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/yak9/misos/yak9d-grib/yak9d-grib.htm

Some discussion here:

http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/board/index.php?topic=1784.0

John

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I have to admit a 1/48th scale Yak-9 (it would have to be an early version) would look good next to my Zvezda Il-2 (whenever I get around to this), but I too would love to see someone do the entire Yak-9 range in 1/72nd scale, the gentleman's scale.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Yakovlev Yak-9DD & Yak-9D by Modelsvit - Yak-9DD & TD released - Yak-9D renders+sprues+box art+schemes - release in Summer 2021
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Yakovlev Yak-9DD & Yak-9D by Modelsvit - Yak-9DD & TD released - Yak-9D renders+sprues+box art+schemes - release late July 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Yakovlev Yak-9DD & Yak-9D by Modelsvit - Yak-9DD & TD released - Yak-9D renders+sprues+box art+schemes+test build - release late July 2021
  • 2 weeks later...

"Spend" indeed - now listed as a future release at Modelimex, for about 35 Euros. Maybe the price will drop after it arrives in stock. Regardless, it is a Yak-9D with a stunning amount of detail - I'm helpless - "Shut up and take my money"... :drunk:

John

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Learstang said:

I'll be the same when they start moulding these in 1/72nd scale.

Regards,

Jason

I hope you're right! Meanwhile, I'm hoping my purchase of at least one of the 1/48 ones will help to bankroll that 1/72 Yak-9 righteousness!

John

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Yakovlev Yak-9DD & Yak-9D by Modelsvit - Yak-9DD & TD released - Yak-9D released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Yakovlev Yak-9DD/TD & Yak-9D by Modelsvit - released

Looks good; mine's on order, so I'm hoping for a shipping notification soon. I contacted Modelsvit regarding the possibility of doing a Yak-9 series in 1/72, but so far, no reply.

John

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Yakovlev Yak-9DD/TD & Yak-9D by Modelsvit - released - new Foxbot Decals