How To Modify A Figure.

Bit of a bold title but not sure the right wording :)

I am painting (badly) an Andrea Figure call Mila Kusnagi

2wbss2w.png

I think she is "loosly" based on the Starcraft game world Ghost charactors either Sara Kerrigan or Terra Nova.

Now Terra looks like this:

sn31ww.jpg

As you can see Terra has more armour around her chest area than Mila does and my question is how can I change Mila's armour to look like Terra's?

Miliiput or Green Stuff I sometimes see people using?

Bear in mind I have never done any conversion or any figure before but I rekon it can't take much to slightly change the figure.

Never done any myself but Andrea do a 2 part sculpting putty that might be worth looking at.

Green stuff would be too course I think (Edit: my mistake was thinking of Green Squadron Filler!! :banghead:) as would normal milliput, though the 'fine' type might be okay

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 1

If you have both then a 50/50 mix of Greenstuff and Milliput works well in my experience. The resulting mix is not as sticky as pure GS and not as brittle as pure Milliput, the best of both worlds ;)

I've heard of others mixing GS with Magic Sculpt too but haven't tried it myself so can't really comment on it.

HTH

• Like 1

Most figure models are originally sculpted with greenstuff or similar 2-part putties and it's probably the easiest stuff to work with if you're modifying a figure.

This tarp was sculpted with greenstuff so you can get an idea of the kind of things you can do with it

16118801985_692ffe7ffd_c.jpg

If you're making armour sections, it's a good idea to roll out the putty then let it harden up for half an hour or so, then it'll be easier to cut to shape and apply.

There are plenty of good tutorials online for sculpting with greenstuff such as this one

It's not as hard as it looks, give it a go

Andy

• Like 1