This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Gaia1984

Hasegawa Mig-27 Flogger D 1/72 and other inaccuracies (Pic heavy)

Love the panelling work, it really makes a difference

Ohhh calamity!! It seems I have miss-placed the canopy!!! :(:crying: :crying:

I
will keep with it and hopefully it will appear at some point! :badmood:

I have sent an email to AMERANG to see if the can supply a spare but no answer back so far.... :(

Upper section of the fuselage is done, cockpit assembled and will start with the lower section of the fuselage.

Ohhh calamity!! It seems I have miss-placed the canopy!!! :(:crying: :crying:

I will keep with it and hopefully it will appear at some point! :badmood:

I have sent an email to AMERANG to see if the can supply a spare but no answer back so far.... :(

Upper section of the fuselage is done, cockpit assembled and will start with the lower section of the fuselage.

Gaia I have an abortive build of this in my spares. The canopy was painted but it is yours if you want it. PM me if you do.

Dave

Hope you find that canopy.

Great job on the scribing and riveting.

Karl

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on the Flogger. I keep on scribing and riveting the whole thing. I have been having troubles riveting some parts with my riveter tool (the trumpeter one) as the wheel does not reach some places. Any suggestions on this? I also have to figure out how I am going to detail the engine as it looks too flat at the moment, any model/thread for inspiration?

I also want to thank Dave for letting me use his canopy as I manage to loose mine! THANKS SO MUCH!

Cockpit is already mounted, I still have to scratch-build the electronics on the dashboard

DSC_0180_zpsvwlmdugm.jpg

Front wheel bay has been primed in light grey and will do the painting soon

DSC_0179_zpslv6dpcrw.jpg

I have also mounted and started to paint the avionics on the side. I will add some minor cable work once finished. The green stuff on the panel is the cushioning on the avionics, it was made and sculptured with Milliput.

DSC_0182_zpspsglosk3.jpg

On with the panelling and riveting

DSC_0176_zpsvnukalmr.jpg

DSC_0177_zpsywvztryw.jpg

DSC_0172_zpses4p8fxc.jpg

I have also carved out the gun bay so it does not look it is sitting on the top of the hull. As I expanded the front wheel bay to its correct shape, I had to shorten the gun as it was too long for the current dimensions... I will add the lateral guards of the gun once I finish with the hull.

DSC_0170_zpswtslqtsd.jpg

Also as you can see I have painted the main wheel bays. Primed in light grey and painted on the top with GW Boltgun metal. Will start to do the landing gear soon and will apply some washes to the bays.

DSC_0173_zpshkvqfany.jpg

Another thing I will have to make from scratch in this lateral holder (see the ref pic) as the piece provided by Hasegawa is just literally a handle...

DSC_0174_zpstk9uulzb.jpg

REF PIC:

mig-27_058_of_114_zps79cannlq.jpg

Hope you enjoy it. As always if you have any comments/ suggestions please do not hesitate to post!

All the best

Edited by Gaia1984

Hi everyone,

It has been a long time since the last update. I have been working on the panel lines, there are almost ready to go. I have been working on independent pieces so I decided to join the main two pieces of the fuselage when the wings were ready. Now I gotta tell you, this thing has bolts! It has been tedious getting them done with either the riveter or with a steel glass scribber. I am now joining the lines and rivets from both part of the fuselage.

I have also been working in the cockpit section, I have done from scratch all the instruments on the dashboard using: Milliput, plastic card and lead wires. It was easy to get the bulky stuff done although there are almost no pics of the Mig-27 cockpit, and specially almost nothing of the dashboard section so the cable work was totally at discretion of my imagination. Also as you can see I have been painting the avionics in the panel I opened in the nose. I decided not to open more panels as it is already taking its sweet time to be built.

1) I think next steps will be to finish off to join panel lines, rivets etc etc from both sides of the hull.

2) The machine gun has a couple of guards on both sides of the nozzle. I will be scratch building those

3) Working on the landing gear. The is plenty of work to do here!

4) I really wanna do something with the engine exhaust. It looks as dull as it gets, although not sure exactly what or how to do it.

5) Start doing some painting on the beast!

Anyway guys as always comments / suggestions are always welcomed!

All the best,

Alex

IMG_0177_zpsrfdkx8ns.jpg

IMG_0176_zps5iajqmpa.jpg

IMG_0175_zps9873owp4.jpg

IMG_0173_zpszdtlxxaz.jpg

IMG_0169_zpser1uejde.jpg

IMG_0169_zpsqhjmwbbx.jpg

IMG_0170_zps45t9zqfc.jpg

IMG_0170-2_zpsvq2vpfvt.jpg

IMG_0171_zpshxnqxeu8.jpg

Edited by Gaia1984

Nice detail throughout this one. It's going to look amazing once finished.

Here is my attempt after two night of surgery and sanding, the nose is slowly but surely coming to shape the nose was extended as it was bit short, however need little more sanding to make the slope more straight, the side armour for the cockpit has been added and the fuselage was extended as it was bit short when the intake was applied, today if time permit hope to work on the wing which is again wrong... Darn this hasegawa mig-27 kits need lots of re work, learned many thing from this thread, great stuff here.
mig_23.jpg

Edited by tomthounaojam