P-51 Mustang STGB Chat

wellzy

• 2 months later...

I managed to score a Matchbox P-51D the other week, with decals in good condition, so I'm prepared for this. Hopefully, I'll have caught up some of the backlog before this kicks off, as I've decided to not start any more GBs until I've make a dent in the shelf of didn't-get-that-one-finished-either. Have to do something about it, as it's depressing to look at.

• Like 1

I've got four 1/48 kits - three Revell and one Tamiya. Also got my decals to do 'Lou IV', 'Blondie', 'Passion Wagon' and 'Big Beautiful Doll'.

Should be colourful!

Good morning

I may be wrong but when Kp announced their Mustang familly (2 years ago ?) I recall reading that they where also working on a P 51D-5 model , I would like to know if someone can confirm that .

Thank you

Patrice

I've got four 1/48 kits - three Revell and one Tamiya. Also got my decals to do 'Lou IV', 'Blondie', 'Passion Wagon' and 'Big Beautiful Doll'.

Should be colourful!

we look forward to your builds

• Like 1

While I didn't sign in when this GB was proposed, I will sure take part. I've got several 1/72 kits in the stash, I'll decide what to build when closer to the start date. May well be another USAAF MTO Mustang after the one I built for the previous GB dedicated to the type

While I didn't sign in when this GB was proposed, I will sure take part. I've got several 1/72 kits in the stash, I'll decide what to build when closer to the start date. May well be another USAAF MTO Mustang after the one I built for the previous GB dedicated to the type

wel come Giorgio looking forward to your build

I would like to declare my interest in this GB.

My entry will be Italeri's 1/48 Mustang Mk.IVa, i believe this might be a repop of a Hasegawa kit.

Welcome to the group look forward to you build

Les

Edited by wellzy

• 2 weeks later...

for those who are after a banner for this forthcoming GB, well my beloved had a bit of free time the other day and came up with this.

Mustang-Banner_zpspvpffc1v.gif

I'll place this in the banner section as well

Very nice say thank you for me please Rich

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I might just dip a toe in this, but I am supposed to be building an F-51 in a GB on another forum (next month), but I am going to be on holiday cruising the inland waterways on our narrowboat, I am wondering if I am going to ge able to fulfill the task! Just in case, I shall put my name down for this. Surprise, surprise it will be an addition to my Cuban revolutionary Air force (FAR) collection; one of the 2 (or possibly 3) ex RCAF machines purchased through surplus companies. Never used in action by the FAR as they needed a great deal of work to make them fighting capable.

• 2 weeks later...

The one GB I'm entering this year, looking forward to getting to grips with the P-51A I'm entering, maybe if I get time a B or D in 8th Air Force colours, perhaps even RAF.

The one GB I'm entering this year, looking forward to getting to grips with the P-51A I'm entering, maybe if I get time a B or D in 8th Air Force colours, perhaps even RAF.

Welcome the build look forward to you that

• 2 weeks later...

I found an old Airfix 1/72 P-51 whist clearing out a cupboard the other day. My son and I had got as far as dry-building the fuselage and wings (it still had some very decayed masking tape. If you let me enter I promise I'll make all your models look so much better.

Finally picked a subject for my first, will be redoing the airfix f51d, did a decent job of it last March but sure now I can do a fair bit better now. Will defently also do an RAF camo example, and if my skills can manage it BBD. Picked up the bog standard airfix kit, see if I can mask the tricky coloured nose section as practice

• 3 weeks later...

The F-51 I built for a GB on another forum was constructed whilst I was on my narrow boat. The end result was a disappointment and I shall, therefor, have another go and construct it as part of this GB. So please count me in for a Cuban FAR F-51D Fleet no 400 (that is not the museum one).

well, I was trying to avoid this and weaning myself of of Mustangs but how could I resist. I know I'm a bit late in signing up but I'll join the ride too if I may. I still have more options on those Leading Edge decals featuring RCAF ones to do and a need to get a couple more kits in.