Something Bonkers, Haunebu II

PS:Can I whisper the words Ark & Royal quietly? Sorry, I'm a complete tart, aren't I?

Touché!

Fair cop, too; my excuse is the aim to finish the Vixen before a deadline (the recipient's birthday in late-August). But Ark is still sitting here next to the bench, whimpering gently!

Thanks Guys. I too have not slightest idea what the girl in the video was going on about. Still Sgt Squarehead's offer (PM sent) has helped firm up a back story for the build. Here is what I think I will go with.

"Dateline 2nd May 1945. The Fuhrer, having turned back the Soviets at the gates of Berlin and pushed the Allies back over the Rhine, is in far deeper trouble than he has ever been in his life. The reason? He has failed to notice that Frau Hitler (nee Eva Braun) is wearing a new dress! In order avoid being sent to the Eastern front by his new wife, he has decided to flee Berlin for the time being along with his favourite Vril maiden and the world famous painting of the Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies by the artist Van Clump.

Meanwhile the crew of the Haunebu, in preparation for Unternehmen Feigling (Operation Coward) taking their pre-flight checks seriously (see Jessica's post in the chat section), try and persuade the ship's cat Herman from the nice warm variostat bay where he has been sleeping.

Bonkers enough?

Back in what passes for the real world here at Martian Towers, I have added more tubes to the magnetic pole. They look a bit wonky at the moment as they are not glued in place yet. I have also begun work on the entrance by adding a hand rail. In preparation for the painting which will be hung on the interior walls of the cabin, I have downloaded and suitably reduced in size a picture which will then be printed off and a scale frame built for it. With a bit of luck I hope to have the controls and steps built and fitted by the end of the weekend, after which we will not be far off painting the thing. That's if they don't come to take me away before that of course! :mental:

i8_zpsgkdkkg3x.jpg

i7_zps0uy22b0u.jpg

Thanks for looking

Martian

• Like 4

I have spent the last few hours building and fitting the 30mm gun barrels, as I said, made from Albion Alloys' slide fit brass tube. I think they are a great improvement over the kit items. I decided that the turrets would probably been remotely controlled and accordingly, I have opened up a small square opening between the guns. I might add a small frame from 10 x 10 'thou plastic strip to add definition.

i8_zpst057jpqt.jpg

i10_zpsedpzgv8q.jpg

On the inside I have added some cable ducting to the pole magnet, completed the radio fit and added sights for the remotely controlled armament.

i7_zpsxzttxsj2.jpg

i9_zpszad5cd5c.jpg

Thanks for looking

Martian

The brass barrels look fantastic Martin. Have you considered hiring Herr Flick as a crew member?

• Like 1

Beautifully bonkers, well done Martian!

I must say it's great to be in an online group of like minds... especially one where 'The Fallen Madonna' can be referenced without the need for further explanation. I recently visited Longleat House after reading an article that she was back on display. We were greeted at the door by a nice guide who engaged us in conversation. "I'm here to see the Van Clomp" said I. "Oh, I don't know that one... it's probably in the Dutch gallery". We were later told that she's been taken down, again. I hope she's been put in storage (in a suitable German sausage) rather than thrown away, but I fear the Wurst.

At least one visitor got a photo when it was on display. I've linked to that rather than inserting the picture as it may be a little risqué for some readers! Can't wait to see her in the Haunebu!

• Like 3

Beautifully bonkers, well done Martian!

I must say it's great to be in an online group of like minds... especially one where 'The Fallen Madonna' can be referenced without the need for further explanation. I recently visited Longleat House after reading an article that she was back on display. We were greeted at the door by a nice guide who engaged us in conversation. "I'm here to see the Van Clomp" said I. "Oh, I don't know that one... it's probably in the Dutch gallery". We were later told that she's been taken down, again. I hope she's been put in storage (in a suitable German sausage) rather than thrown away, but I fear the Wurst.

At least one visitor got a photo when it was on display. I've linked to that rather than inserting the picture as it may be a little risqué for some readers! Can't wait to see her in the Haunebu!

Suitably hidden in a "Knokwurst" according to the instructions in the "Gestapo handbook" :coolio:

• Like 1

The brass barrels look fantastic Martin. Have you considered hiring Herr Flick as a crew member?

I have indeed. The main problem is that the thing would need to be as big as an Airbus A-380 to accommodate all the possible options for figures.

Suitably hidden in a "Knokwurst" according to the instructions in the "Gestapo handbook" :coolio:

Not forgetting to put a little swastika on it so that it does not get eaten!

As to the painting of the Fallen Madonna, perhaps Mike could advise as to whether we are allowed to post it here? I know Allo, Allo is frequently repeated on daytime television, but I don't want to get into any trouble on this one.

Martian

• Like 1

Perfect back story, but you're going to need a catflap as well as a hand rail!

Possibly not as it might affect cabin pressurisation.

Martian

• Like 1

Because of course in all other respects it is absolutely aerodynamically viable...

[Take your point; only teasing]

I suppose that not relying on aerodynamically generated lift, the only thing that would matter would be keeping drag down.

Martian

Martin I fear for your sanity, but then again the spongy room I live in I find quite comfy.

Back to the Trajan Column, I knew it reminded me of something else......

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/memory-gamma/images/c/ca/Sovereign_Warp_Core.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090111184855

Dilithium crystals maybe????

Trevor

Martin I fear for your sanity, but then again the spongy room I live in I find quite comfy.

Kettle, pot, black? :winkgrin: Don't worry about my sanity, I can't miss what I never had in the first place.

Sadly I shall have to return to the real world tomorrow morning as the man cave has become so untidy, I can barely squeeze in and sit down and have about four square inches of clear work space left. My spraying section has also long since disappeared under a mound of new kits and CDs and I can't get at my spares box in which I hope to find something to make the variostat and control columns from. :weep:

Martian

• Like 1

Absolutely love the backstory.....How are you off for Hitler and cats? :hmmm:

Can certainly offer the former: http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=822 (last figure, fourth row).

I'm now thinking that the figure two to the left of Adolf and his little chums might make a better basis for a 'Vril Maiden' than the GW figures I mentioned in my PM. :shrug:

PS - Herr Flick.....Not a problem: http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=798 (last figure, third row) or http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1387 (second figure, third row). :fuhrer:

• Like 1

Here's a thought (or a brain fart, take your choice...).

Open a cabin window/porthole and poke a little flag on a stick out of it, like you see in old photos of airliners taking their maiden voyages.

On second thought...

Rarely am I so privileged to witness the collaborative efforts of such untethered genius. I am in awe of you all. You're all barking mad of course but, I can feel a canine yap forming in my throat as the heady contagion spreads. Please continue...Arf!

Absolutely love the backstory.....How are you off for Hitler and cats? :hmmm:

Can certainly offer the former: http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=822 (last figure, fourth row).

I'm now thinking that the figure two to the left of Adolf and his little chums might make a better basis for a 'Vril Maiden' than the GW figures I mentioned in my PM. :shrug:

PS - Herr Flick.....Not a problem: http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=798 (last figure, third row) or http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1387 (second figure, third row). :fuhrer:

I do have Hitler figure, but that one would probably match the Fuhrer's depressed mood following the row with Eva better.

Not a sentence you come across everyday.

Or indeed; ever.

Rarely am I so privileged to witness the collaborative efforts of such untethered genius. I am in awe of you all. You're all barking mad of course but, I can feel a canine yap forming in my throat as the heady contagion spreads. Please continue...Arf!

Thanks for the kind comment. I notice that you are quite new to BM and may not have realised that barking mad is in fact normal here, it quite possibly may be made a joining requirement in the future!

Martian

• Like 1

The sculpting on the Pegasus Hitler is excellent.....I'll pack him up as is and have a closer look at the Vril candidates. :coolio:

Thanks Andy.

Martin