1/32 B-24

castlegaiden

Totally agree guys - no mainstream Hampden or Halifax models in 1/48! Both are on my top 10 kit releases/development plan over the next couple of years.

Edited by castlegaiden
  • Like 2

Totally agree guys - no mainstream Hampden or Halifax models in 1/48! Both are on my top 10 kit releases/development plan over the next couple of years.

Couldn't bump them up the list a wee bit I suppose?!! Those and a 1/32 Marauder (the pint sized Fort) would certainly empty my wallet

• Like 1

Decided to undertake the B-26 in 1/32. Cost is a huge factor in determining if this ever comes to market as an injection molded kit from Dreamscale Models... We'll see. For now, I am greatly enjoying the research and development process, so plan on seeing it through from a CAD perspective.

Wanted to post a screenshot of a rendering of the forward fuselage of the Marauder - still very early on in its development - will undergo tweaks as it is cross-checked against numerous references...

Hope you like!

Station 33 - Station 88.5

Fuselage_Loft_Render_1.jpg

• Like 3

Well I goggled Dreamscale Models nothing appeared on the net, so who are they?

If my math is correct a minimum investment of $131250 is required just to get the tooling and packaging sorted, 100% mark up to sell at $175-00 per unit based on 1500 sales and make a profit for the next kit.

Based on the CAD file shown, which shows very little, I am not convinced it is a reality but a Dream, nice dream all the same, but a dream.

M&G

Edited by Mick_Gannon

I don't know how well the HK B-17 and B-25 is selling, so I can't really tell if there is a market for another large scale kit. Although I see enough of them being built here on britmodeller that at least a few people are buying them. Let's not forget that there's also a 1/32 Lancaster coming out. I would hope that for these large scale kits to come out, the owner of this company sees the potential sales. And, not everyone is savvy to building vacs. Not everyone is a scratch building master that most of these vacs require. I would love to see a 1/32 liberator and marauder. But that's me.

• Like 1

A couple more screenshots ... will look to compare station 33 and the shape where the plexi nose cone attaches to the fuselage ... I roughed in the diagonal slice that is seen on the bottom of the plexi nose piece.

Now onto the rest of the fuselage!

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Forward_Fuselage_Render_05222015.jpgForward_Fuselage_Render_05222015_2.jpgForward_Fuselage_Render_05222015_3.jpg

• Like 2

Have you tried posting this on the Large Scale Planes forum as well? http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?act=idx

As for a 1/32 B-24, the heart says "YES!!!!" and the head says "No, you haven't got room for it".

Mike, just do what I do and hit yourself on the head with a mallet until your head shuts up. Works every time! By the way, I'd love to see a 1/32nd scale Marauder, but even better, a 1/32nd scale A/B-26 Invader in injection-moulded form.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 2

Nearing the end of the initial fuselage surface modelling phase; taking extra time to compare against scale plans and photos to get everything looking the way it should!

Next, tail shape and then wings.

Bye for now,

Brian

Fuselage_Progress_05242015_3.jpg

Fuselage_Progress_05242015_2.jpg

Fuselage_Progress_05242015.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've made some progress on the Ju-86 ... decided to step away from the large-scale B-26 and B-24 for the time being due to cost restrictions, etc.

Since I was already well into my Ju-86 ...

Hope you like!

Brian

Engine_Cowling.jpgPort_Wing.jpgPort_Wing_2.jpgRadial_2.jpg

• Like 2

I've made some progress on the Ju-86 ... decided to step away from the large-scale B-26 and B-24 for the time being due to cost restrictions, etc.

Since I was already well into my Ju-86 ...

Hope you like!

Brian

Like? :bounce:

I absolutely love it. Put those B-26 and B-24 aside and concentrate on finishing the Ju-86, that looks fantastic.

/Johan

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...