Humbrol colour

Stein Meum

Stein Meum,

If you Google Humbrol, Tamiya, Revell, Vallejo colour charts you can download them as a pdf. I keep them on my iPhone/iPad so I can quickly reference a colour especially whist out shopping.

John

• Like 1

140 was introduced together with a series of colour aimed at modern US types. It matches (IIRC quite well) FS 36231, the colour used for the cockpit in most post-1953 US types.

This colour has also been used on some camouflage schemes (AV-8Bs) and is a good match for early war Italian types undersurfaces (Grigio Mimetico)

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 1

Grazie mille Giorgio1

The reason for my question is that Airfix mentions this colour for the seat of their 1/24 Tiffie. Colour photos of the Hendon example indicates a lighter colour like light grey or dull aluminium.

I'm building 5 of these kits simultaneously and am about to assemble and paint the seats.

Stein

Yes! Five!

And yes! My LMS gives me 10% discount on all my purchases! :-)

There were 5 Norwegian pilots who flew the Tiffie operationally, and I'm making one for each pilot. With all the variations the kit can offer: Large/small tailplanes, 3-/4-blade props, bombs, R/P's and fuel tanks. 4 different squadrons.

Stein

• Like 1