italeri 1/35 Sd.kfz.171 Panther ausf a

picked this kit up back last year and just got around to building it. its the first bit of German armour I've done in 20 years and the first that I have ever airbrushed. the build itself was pretty much straight forward the only problem I had was the tracks as there rubber and dint want to join up so I had to use a staple on each and hide it behind the skirts, and couldn't get them to lay right so after some head scratching I put some cut bits of sprue on the Underhill to push the tracks down then hid it with the skirt.

I wanted to give the panther a battle scared and used look so gave it a bit of battle damage and cut the skirts up in individual pieces and only attached a few in random. then once painted I used various mud and dust shades then pigments,then finaly once the decals had dried I went over them with a sanding stick to fade them down. its the first time I've ever done battle-damaged and used pigments to the level I did but am very happy with look, final touched were that I put a few clumps of dried vegetation in corners etc and painted some stretched sprue to replicate empty ammo cases on top of the turret, I was originally going to use some asparagus fern as cam over the turret and rear but couldn't find a new plant at my local garden centre as my one is a bit spares at the moment so just used a few leaves.
but looking at the final finish im happy with it and cant wait to do another!!!

P1090676.jpg

P1090677.jpg

P1090678.jpg

P1090679.jpg

P1090680.jpg

P1090681.jpg

P1090682.jpg

• Like 13

Great camouflage and excellent battle damage. Joe