Next two heavy Mitsubishi bombers

Hi,

After Mitsubishi Ki-21 Sally and Nakajima Ki-49 Helen, which I posted some week ago, I would like to show two other heavy Japaneese bombers, both are Mitsubishi: G4M1 in allies code "Betty" and Ki-67 Hiryu ("Peggy"). First is from old Hasegawa mould and second from LS. Both are very archive, Betty I made just after returning to hobby in 1992 and Peggy I made still in the schooldays, about 1977. This LS kit has movable flaps and even you may rectract the u/c... Markings of Betty are from 705 Kokutai, JNAF - New Guinea July 1943 (Rabaul) and Peggy is 3 Kokutai, 14 Sentai JAAF, 1945.

Betty:

betty DSC04055betty DSC04054betty DSC04056betty DSC04057

And Ki-67 - "Peggy":

ki67 DSC04053ki67 DSC04052ki67 DSC04051ki67 DSC04050

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 27

Lovely builds Jerzy,a bit of a neglected area as far as BM is concerned we don,t see a lot of Japanese aircraft at all let alone bomber,s.

• Like 1

Thank you Gentelmen for nice comments :)

Mario - who knows now exactly what music I was listning to in 1977 while paiting Ki67 Peggy? - but it was very likely jazz. Namely, that year I was keep listening to "My Spanish Heart" of Chick Corea, which I bough visiting my grandfather in London during summer of 1976. But during my secondary school years it could be also War (is anybody knows such band?) , Herbie Hancock Head Hunters but also Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple or Pink Floyd.... :).

Steve - I regred, the Japanees airplanes are really not so often present on BM. Bad news is that also my shelvs reservoir of not posted yet Japan machines is approaching to the emptyness :) This sadness is because - I hope you can agree - that the Japan Army (not navy) comouflages are sometime really very pictorial :) :)...

Cheers

J-W

• Like 2

Jerzy, you are beginning to tell the the same stories as my nephew! :)

Never estimated that the model was that old. Also interesting insight in your musical taste: Only knew "War" as a song title but not as a band.

Have a nive evening,

Mario

• Like 1

Thank you Bernd and Kira666 for comments. Obviously I cleaned them before posting...But the LS decals survived OK - they did not catch the dust neither

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
14 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

Thank you @JWM I have a soft corner for Japanese aircraft and these are quite nice collection, and the Peggy camo o my that is some dedications!!! Three cheers.

Many thanks! I had a time when I was collecting especially Japan machines, some 30 are there... Most of them were already on RFI in 2014-16, however they were done about 45 or 25 (second bunch) years ago...

8 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Missed this first time around, Nice work, Jerzy, The camo on the Peggy must have taken patience. Was it airbrushed?

Thank you,  It  is brush ("hairy stick") painting. The patience, surely it needed, I was young... I did her 45 years ago and still like to look at it... :)

Regards

J-W

• Like 1