Chance-Vought OS2U3 Kingfisher, Revell, 1/72

Hi,

Another archive model from my shelvs: Chance Vought OS2U3 Kinfisher. Model from Revell, a bit upgrated (new engine, some details inside, rigings of float and few other details). Markings presents airplane from US Navy AOA (???- I have such description in my files bu I do not know what it means, sorry) - Pacific area, 1943. Decals from drawer, "Blue Racer" art nose hand painted. I made this model about 20 years ago.

BTW - name "Kinfisher" as a bird was used to name another airplane also - the Italian CANT Z 1007 Alcione (!) is named for the same bird. However, if one saw a real kinfisher in nature - it does not look like any of those machines... :) A Brewster Buffalo - if would be driven by Merlin (or at least Allison) engine could be named as it.. :):)

I hope you'll enjoy her.

Comments welcome and regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

kingfisher DSC04074kingfisher DSC04077kingfisher DSC04078kingfisher DSC04079kingfisher DSC04076kingfisher DSC04075

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 9

Lovely! Much as I love aircraft, none of them has the grace and manouverability of a kingfisher. Standing in a river, casting away, and suddenly this blur of impossibly bright blue as a REAL fisherman goes past... :wub:

• Like 1

Thank you Beard, Mitch and Thomas for comments. I appreciete them.

Mitch - I agree regarding kingfisher - the bird. I spend a couple of days during summer holidays to make a good photo of it, I have some shots but still not satisfied...To see it is much easier than to do a good photo - it is so quick...

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

Thank you Beard, Mitch and Thomas for comments. I appreciete them.

Mitch - I agree regarding kingfisher - the bird. I spend a couple of days during summer holidays to make a good photo of it, I have some shots but still not satisfied...To see it is much easier than to do a good photo - it is so quick...

Cheers

J-W

In over thirty-five years (on and off) on rivers, I have seen kingfishers hundreds of times. I've never managed any sort of photo of one! They appear and disappear in (literally) a flash!

• Like 1

Than you Mitch and Chris for comments. Somehow I chosen this Revell/Lindberg kit over Airfix one - years ago when I made it. I like the way of mould the surface. Alltogether now there is Pavla/Octopus also, which perhaps is the most up-to modern standards. I have not seen it in fact. In net models done out of Pavla kit looks very good.