Thanks everyone, I've checked my decals stash and there are some from Bruggen based units, including 17 Sqn. Now these represent aircrafts before 1989, but I'll do a search for an aircraft in that timeframe and select one, hopefully most markings will be useable

Sorry to see that this Panavia Tornado STGB has been prompted by Spike 7451's passing away. From the comments I have read an STGB like this is a respectful way to remember him.

So my confession:- I have never built a Panavia Tornado! And that needs to be put right :)

My next build was going to be in the current F-4 Phantom II GB but having just finished three Phantoms I need a change so I took a look in the various stashes located around my house and found that I have no fewer than four 1/48th scale Tornado kits (this was a surprise!). The kits are:

ESCI/ERTL Panavia Tornado 200 MRCA - this ancient kit has RAF 'Gulf Killer', AMI, and RSAF decals;

Airfix Tornado GR.1B - this 1995 boxing has RAF 12 and 617 Sqn markings and two BAe Sea Eagle anti-shipping missiles.

Italeri Tornado IDS - this 2006 kit has a huge Marineflieger anniversary decal, also two RAF Gulf jets, Lutwaffe JBG 37 and an AMI Gulf scheme.

Italeri Tornado F.3 - this has a selection of AMI anniversary scheme markings as well as a couple of very plain RAF markings.

Also took a look on Hannants for Xtradecal decal sets, lots of colour schemes to choose from.

So I have three days to make a decision :)

Michael

• Like 6

Count me in on this, got a Revell kit the new Xtradecal 617 Sqn markings and since we have til the 230th of August got tons of time!?!

Didn't know Merv but seems to be a kindred spirit as I am ex Airforce (RCAF) and have a love of the felines!!!

He left us way too soon but now he is able, "to reach out and touch the face of God!"

I really wanted to build another 1/32 monster as Merv was very involved with the last one I made for the first Tornado GB.

It's looking unlikely that I'll be able to to in the time I have available, unless we are still going to keep the end date "official" rather than an absolute cutoff point!

• Like 1

There will be no cut off in the Gallery, it will remain open, but I can only keep the GB forum in the current GB section for three months. Take as long as you need guys.

Thanks Mish :) then it will be Plan A.

• Like 1

Just looking at the winglets on the tail of the F.3. They appear to be white on the bottom, but no idea about on top. Any suggestions?

If you mean the ILS (Instrument Landing System) Antenna on the tail they are white on both the top and bottom.

HTH

Charlie have a look at the antennae carefully, as they also have black anti-ice leading edges.

Edited by Brokenedge

Does anyone know with the 1/72 Revell GR1, is it better to fit the intakes to the front fuse and join all that with the rear......or join front and rear fuse and then add the intakes?

Thanks in advance,

Dermot