My second build for this GB is a card model. Superquick models have been around for probably fifty years or more. I first came across this kit at the tender age of eight. My friend Simon had one built by his grandad on his model railway layout and I was always very envious of it.

Mind you, it was a case of swings and roundabouts because he was envious of the Kitmaster platform kiosks on my layout, which had been built by my grandad. :D

So I thought it would be fun to build my own version of this kit, even though I don't currently have a layout on which to place it.

Swan001.jpg[/url]

• Like 2

The "parts" for this one are simply two sheets of heavy card, faced with paper on which the components are printed. The card is then cut through with the exception of tiny tags which hold the whole thing together - but only just...

Swan002.jpg

Swan003.jpg

There is also a sheet of paper to provide details such as curtains and ridge tiles, together with a sheet of clear plastic on which the window frames are printed.

Swan004.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome again, I first though this was going to be a hanger for the wee plane!

It's great to see something like this in this GB, everyone seems to forget that these are just as much a model as the plastic kind!

Are you going to scratch build a proper bar? that cardboard one will not do! :D

Again good luck with the build and I'm glad you brought one of these along.

• Like 1

The main structure comes as one piece with is simply folded up. There are some tabs along the bottom which are folded back against the inside of the structure and glues in place. They provide some rigidity. A similar tab provides a gluing surface to close up the walls. I have used PVA or Copydex depending on whichever comes to hand first. :)

Swan005.jpg

The kit provides some triangular bracing pieces. There are a lot of rectangular pieces which are removed from the windows and doors. These can be split corner-to-corner to provide yet more braces. Eventually the structure becomes really rigid.

Swan006.jpg

The bar extension is built in the same manner.

Swan007.jpg

They're not glued together yet but are simply posed together to give an idea of what it will look like.

Swan008.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

This one sort of fell through the cracks. Thankfully the brand is well named. They are superquick to build!

The windows are taped to the inside of the shell and then the curtains are taped over the windows. I attempted to make some of the windows look like frosted glass by placing a single sheet of tissue paper over them.

Swan009.jpg

When everything was in place I liberally coated the inside with Copydex. Once dry it makes a rather rigid structure.

Roof on, with dormer windows added.

Swan010.jpg

Roof on the bar area. The off licence has been added and is awaiting the roof.

Swan011.jpg

• Like 1