1/72 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I, Airfix+Eduard+AML

Thats a great bit of modelling but in my own opinion (so purely for my own taste) I think that you may have over done the weathering this time,..sorry!

I know that these aircraft got very well worn but this one looks like it has been sitting in a scrap dump. Maybe if you repainted the propeller it would look a bit better? However,....if you have a reference photo showing the real aircraft in such a worn state I shall quite gladly wind my neck in and eat humble pie.

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

Thats a great bit of modelling but in my own opinion (so purely for my own taste) I think that you may have over done the weathering this time,..sorry!

I know that these aircraft got very well worn but this one looks like it has been sitting in a scrap dump. Maybe if you repainted the propeller it would look a bit better? However,....if you have a reference photo showing the real aircraft in such a worn state I shall quite gladly wind my neck in and eat humble pie.

Cheers

Tony

Dear Tony,

I have no doubt that this board in actually was looked flawless like most aircraft of the RAF. This is just too good model to assembly and I had there a lot of enthusiasm))). I'm sorry if it insulted your worldview.

Dear Tony,

I have no doubt that this board in actually was looked flawless like most aircraft of the RAF. This is just too good model to assembly and I had there a lot of enthusiasm))). I'm sorry if it insulted your worldview.

Please don`t think that your model insulted me,...far from it,...I did say that it was a great bit of modelling,...I just thought that it was just a bit over weathered but did say that a re paint of the propeller would make it look better,... so please don`t think that I was having a go at you,.....

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Please don`t think that your model insulted me,...far from it,...I did say that it was a great bit of modelling,...I just thought that it was just a bit over weathered but did say that a re paint of the propeller would make it look better,... so please don`t think that I was having a go at you,.....

Cheers

Tony

I understand everything the first time. I just try to behave like an Englishman, to be courteous and polite and try to show good manners)). I need to break some stereotypes, although I do not Russian, but still the carrier of this culture, what about Jeremy Clarkson said: https://valentinagurarie.wordpress.com/tag/jeremy-clarkson/

I understand everything the first time. I just try to behave like an Englishman, to be courteous and polite and try to show good manners)). I need to break some stereotypes, although I do not Russian, but still the carrier of this culture, what about Jeremy Clarkson said: https://valentinagurarie.wordpress.com/tag/jeremy-clarkson/

I`m sorry Fuad, you have totally lost me,......I`ve had a look at the link,.....so what is it that you want me to say? It sounds like you want me to just call it SH 1 T and have done with it rather than beating about the bush,......but that is not what I meant,....I was adding my personal opinion and gave you my view on how it might look better,......isn`t this why we put models on Britmodeller,.....for constructive critism? What you do with that opinon and constructive criticism is up to you!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

I have to basically agree with Tony here.

Granted, this Defiant model is a beautifully executed artifact, revealing expert modelling chops.

As an exhibition of advanced weathering techniques – eminently successful.

As a realistic portrayal of a Defiant in active service – less so, IMHO. I have never seen a photo of a real Defiant looking anything like it.

I'm no fan of service a/c models looking like they'd just been rolled out the factory door.

I am a fan of models that trick my eye that they're 'shrunk reality'.

If we can't discuss models in a friendly manner and exchange views on the pros and cons of published works as we see them – what's the point of posting to this forum? Is it just in anticipation of fawning admiration?

Nobody is so perfect that he/she can't benefit from constructive views from fellow modellers.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 4

Gents. Please dial it down a bit... Tony offered a little constructive criticism in a polite way, based on his opinion. There's no need to take it personally, particularly after he explained that he wasn't trying to insult. Back to normal service please.

• Like 2

Gents, everything is fine. I did not take offense at anyone, I just tried to be polite. Sorry, I'm not a native speaker, and may be my words seems not quite correct. I am absolutely not afraid of criticism and welcome any attention to my model! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Tony, I just wanted to cheer you up with that link. Nothing more. It is not necessary to perceive evil intent in simple things.

With Best Regards,

Fuad

• Like 1

Glad we got that sorted. Sometimes the nuances of the language are lost with text, and that's even with two native speakers. Add a non-native speaker into the mix, and smileys plus careful wording is paramount. :)

• Like 1

Thanks, Mike! You always know what I mean!

For everyone else, I would like to inform you that once I have come to this magnificent site from aggressive Russian resources. So your gentlemanly criticism never can to scare me. :D

• Like 2