Boeing B-29 Washington WF499 - Academy 1/72

Really well built with an excellent finish.

Wow Neil,

It looks amazing and the feathered prop and oil leak adds a lot of character and realism to the model, well up to your usual high standards mate,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Excellent!!!!! 13/12 !!! :thumbsup2:

I love it! Incredibly good looking finish and overall shape... to me the biggest step towards modern long range airplanes

The colors are spot on, well masked...and I love the black/metal combination

Edited by philtn

Neil that is simply fantastic.

Like many others I have been watching since the start and have been nothing but impressed all the way through, this must surely be the "how to" build for all of us who plan on building a B-29 variant at some point in the future.

Your attention to detail and the finish and weathering are superb, and I am really looking forward to seeing how your Stirling turns out.

Very well done.

Craig.

• Like 1

Wow, thanks guys, never knew how much the Washington is appreciated. I'll be honest, I've often overlooked the post war period in Bomber Command history but the Lincoln and this have given my curiosity of this era a boost.

Cheers

That is absolutely gorgeous! The weathering is perfect for the scale, not overdone but really effective, including the faded black on the underside. And, I love the fact that you only put heavy oil leaks on the nearside starboard engine! Fabulous work, mate, I really love this! :thumbsup::thumbsup::gobsmacked::worthy::clap2::clap2:

Cheers,

Martin :)

• Like 1