Hawker Typhoon Bubbletop 1/24

That has got to be one of the most impressive models I've seen. Stunning, simply stunning.....

my only observation would be the dark areas that are enhancing the rivets on the wings. I feel they are a little too dark and maybe overpowering but that might be due to the photos.

The weathering and grubby feel you have produced, especially with the markings (the shark mouth looks so 'field applied') is exquisite...

This, Sir, is just jaw-droppingly perfect...

Hutch

Edited by Hutch

There really isn't much left to be said which is lucky as that beauty has left me speechless. If i tried for another 45 years I don't think I could achieve that level. It looks like someone is going to jump in and start it up!

Exquisite! My wife bought me this kit for Christmas 2014, but I've been busy in other Group Builds preventing me from starting it yet. I hope that when I make mine, it will look half as good as this one, and if so, I'll be very happy! Awesome work, the Maketar masks are a worthwhile investment at this scale...weathering large decals to make them look painted on might be quite a task, but, airbrushed on as yours are just adds to the realism. May I ask how much the Maketar masks cost and where you got them from? :thumbsup::thumbsup::gobsmacked::clap2::clap2:

Cheers,

Martin :)

• 1 year later...

Perfect in every detail. What paint did you use? The finish is very nice.

Thank you very much for your comments. The paint is almost exclusively Tamiya, with Alclad for the metal bits. Then a mix of AK Interactive and oils for weathering

Matt