Squarehead's Soviet Steel

Great job, your suspension looks very nice, the effort is rewarded with a realistic look, love the sack of the tracks.

Excellent ! :goodjob:

• Like 1

Modular track-runs, days in the making, seconds in the.....Well you can probably guess! :doh:

The first run is back on the hull undergoing repairs as a result of some slightly injudicious clean-up.....Expected and easily sorted. :rolleyes:

The fit of the turret roof plate was appalling.....I tried the part from both kits and settled on the one from the KV-8 as being the better overall, but it took some fettling to get it in. I'm in the process of attempting to disguise the resultant mess as weld beads using Limonene Extra Thin and the tip of a #11 scalpel:

KV-220%20-%2019_zpsj1wzc9dv.jpg

• Like 2

Cheers Bernd.....I'm enjoying it for all my moaning! :winkgrin:

I could have chosen any number of modern kits for my build, but this is a subject I've wanted to model for a while and in 1/72 there's no choice unless you are prepared to take a hacksaw to a couple of Trumpeter kits. I'm in the fortunate position that even if I mess something up completely, I can just pull spares from the stash. I even have another KV-220 kit, It's the version with the planned 85mm turret: http://www.onthewaymodels.com/reviews/PST/PST72059.htm But as there's an 85mm turret in the box I'm working from, it looks like most of the parts for both versions can be found in either boxing. :coolio:

One of the things I should have made for this build is a roadwheel jig, to get the damned things circular, the same size and correctly oriented.....I will definitely be making one before I start on the company of KV-1B & E that are also in the stash. TBH In total I've got about a regiment's worth of assorted PST KVs to build, of all variants! :doh:

http://henk.fox3000.com/Pst.htm

• Like 1

A KV-220 with the 85mm will be an impressive sight and a good example, why soviet tank desingers are more than one step ahead.

These short run kits are sometimes hard to build but they will end in a model, that isn t in many disply cases !

On the way is probably the best site for small scale armor kits, along with 172 Shermans, of course. Get most of my infos from there too.

And yes, this message is also printed on recycled bytes.....

Cheers :)

Bernd

• Like 1

Glad to see that this one is still progressing so well Sarge. It's good that at long last I can fully appreciate just what's involved!

Cliff

• Like 1