Blight 2, a Blight to Remember

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! Looks like a close race Hockeyboy.

Got a few decals on Blight's Phantom.

IMG_1984_zpswiwug1c8.jpg

IMG_1982_zpsyjhwv3ac.jpg

Unfortunately, the Modeldecal sheet forgot to include the serial number! I'll have to cobble something together from the decal stash.

• Like 6

Thanks Tim!

Hockeyboy, get those stencils done, it's Battle of Britain time!

In that spirit, I've entered "just get it done" territory here. I brushed some MM metalizer on to the exhausts:

IMG_1985_zpswshfwcou.jpg

And Blight 2 is snug in his office:

IMG_1987_zpsyiggdeiz.jpg

Giemme posted this in Navy Bird's thread. It happens to be the exact aircraft that I'm modelling near the end of its service life. I decided to try for weathering it somewhere between brand new and the rough state shown in the link. I used Vallejo washes and Pitt ink pens.

I've decided to call it complete. Here is Blight 2 flying alongside his illustrious 92 Sqn progenitor. The main things I take away from this, are that the Lightning is not a small aircraft, and that I should have used the same blue on the Phantom's tail.

IMG_2038_zpsbuatdapi.jpg

Thanks for following along everyone, and thanks Sean, Mozzy and Mish for making this GB. I'll try and get pics up in the gallery soon.

• Like 12

Thanks everybody, and thanks again Sean for setting this one up.

Tim, the stands are acrylic rods with a 90(ish) deg bend attached to Jenga pieces. I just just realized how ridiculous that sounds! They're just temporary stands for photos, and the model just sets on them. I'll mix and match the stand heights to put the aircraft in a bank for the photo. Eventually, I guess I should make some permanent stands though.

John, thanks for the photo. Looks like that's another build to add to the list. It seems there is a Hunter GB coming up too. Can you recommend a 1/72 kit?

Hockeyboy, I saw your initial BoB GB post, it's brilliant.

• Like 2

As Jabba say's the Revell F.6 kit is probably the best, but they are getting a little pricey because of rareity. You could mask the white flash but would need to source some decals, maybe someone in the Britmodeller massive could help you there. Revell Hunter

• Like 1

Nice work, Cookie! I really like your posing the Spook and Lightning together, they make a great contrast. Two very "functional" looking aircraft - love them both! :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cookie, congrats for the great result! I liked the detail work on the cockpit and the overall scheme is quite good looking :goodjob:

I also liked the Lightning you showed in your last picture. Really great metallic finish!

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Cookie, I don't know how I managed to miss this, sorry :sorry:

It looks great anyway, and I like the idea of a gear up Phantom :clap: :clap:

It's about time you try with an HASEGAWA Phantom, isn't it? :whistle: - Yeah, I know, first you have to finish the propellers you're doing, then there's the EFA ... :D

Ciao

• Like 1

Thanks Giemme! I do have a Hasegawa F-4C in the stash that I procured from the mighty Procpoius, but your build will be a pretty impossible act to follow! I should have built it sooner.

I've actually got the Typhoon's fuselage together, and I'll re-start the thread in the Whif section soon.

• Like 1