Kaman Seasprite SH2-F 1/48

Colin W

Hi

Has anyone seen the KittyHawk Kaman Seasprite SH2-F?

Is it a re pop of the old Matchbox one or a new kit? I have the Matchbox one in the stash and it was good for its day but that was 20 years ago so I'm considering the Kitty Hawk one if its a new tool.

Cheers

Colin W

AhAh

Excellent news.

Pitty the diddn't do a different marque then, I want to do an SH2-FG for RNZN which is why I've never started the F.

Many thanks

Colin

Colin, check the discussions on ARC forums, the kit has a G doghouse and F top windows. Or vice-versa.

It seems that the manufacturer wanted to make the G version and then later switched to F, making the kit neither version.

Vedran

HI Colin,

If you really wanted to do an RNZN Seasprite? How about one of the two initial SH-2F aircraft that were leased and used for sea acceptance trials and the like.

It is true the Kitty Hawk kit top windows and doghouse looks more like a G than an F but Cobra Company do a correction http://www.cobracompany.com/48062.htm and decals for the RNZN SH-2F are out by Model Alliance and Old Model Decs

Marcus

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks

Now I have too much info. I'd probably buy the F and build it as a G with a few changes and scratch the engines but with the promise of a G in the pipeline I'm tempted to wait till this comes out. I've got a few to be getting on with.

Colin

The KH kit is neither an F nor a G. We've got G doghouse and F engines but the parts are there to make a G but KH haven't as yet got around toreleasing the G. What is a pity with this kit is that KH have tried to do too much. If they had started at the beginning with and then worked their way through the different variants they could have had four maybe five good kits representing the Hookit tooki family, at present we don't havbe anything. I'm dissapointed.

Colin

The KH kit is neither an F nor a G. We've got G doghouse and F engines but the parts are there to make a G but KH haven't as yet got around toreleasing the G. What is a pity with this kit is that KH have tried to do too much. If they had started at the beginning with and then worked their way through the different variants they could have had four maybe five good kits representing the Hookit tooki family, at present we don't havbe anything. I'm dissapointed.

Colin

That about sums it up correctly Colin.

Still provided some work for cobra company in doing the right conversion for the dog house, and Caracal do some nice decals.

Thankfully the later helo kits are getting better. The AH-1Z and UH-1Y are looking good.

Still think the old 1/72 Airfix kit is the best Seasprite in any scale?

Steve

DSCN1838.jpg

DSCN1824.jpg

• Like 1

Colin,

Aint that the truth..>The Fujimi 1/72 kit (although nicely engineered) is really just a facsimile of a Seasprite way too many problems with that one..

I scratchbuilt my interior but it would be nice to see a re-release of the Seasprite by Airfix and maybe some aftermarket decals & resin and etched brass sets??

Steve,

Colin,

Aint that the truth..>The Fujimi 1/72 kit (although nicely engineered) is really just a facsimile of a Seasprite way too many problems with that one..

I scratchbuilt my interior but it would be nice to see a re-release of the Seasprite by Airfix and maybe some aftermarket decals & resin and etched brass sets??

Steve,

Hi Steven. If you fancy a Hooki Twoki, there is a single engine conversion I mastered, which is available from Freightdog in the ROTORcraft range. Doghouse, tanks and doors.

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Colin,

Steve,

Vote for it on Kitstarter if you want a re-release ?

I've put a post on airfix's kitstarter forum for the re-release of their seasprite.

I'm also hanging out for KH to release a G, since they got half way there with their F! There's even Mavericks in the box, and the aft fuselage is moulded with details like the doubler plates and ALE-47 CMDS dispenser blanks fitted to the G. Hopefully they include RNZAF decals.

• 4 months later...

Problem solved. I'll get the Kittyhawk G now its out and having the kit markings means the Model aliance stuff can go back into the box.

Colin