Spitfire Mk I - Sailor Malan - ZP-A

Here is my tribute to Sailor Malan. The kit formed the test subject for developing my vinyl masks. It saw some rough handling, a few drops to the floor and numerous strip downs and resprays. I had borrow the from windscreen from my spares box as I cracked the original. Not my best build but here it is.

All markings were sprayed using my own masks as well as the camo pattern

The base is part of a set of bases that a friend and I are now making to order.

Comments good and bad welcome.

P.S glued the top signalling light on after the pics were taken

zp-a1.jpg

zp-a2.jpg

zp-a3.jpg

zp-a4.jpg

I finally got around to fixing the aerial and put the signal lam[p on (top). Thanks for pointing out the error. I also noticed a smudge on the inside of the canopy hood which I removed - thank goodness it was on the inside

spit1.jpg

spit2.jpg

spit3.jpg

spit4.jpg

spit5.jpg

• Like 12

You can't see all the rough landings you are talking about! That Spit is really stunning and the masks appear to have performed as expected. A possibly far more real look that the usual decals.

Well done Sean! Great result!!!

Have fun with the next one!

JR

Looks good Sean , although the radio mast looks to be a little bit too far back down the fuslarge ?.

Perhaps, but I used the hole as per the kit. To be honest I need to put this one to bed

Perhaps, but I used the hole as per the kit. To be honest I need to put this one to bed

Nicely done, but I think you have the aerial mast in the hole for the signalling light. The mast goes on the hump behind the canopy. Are you going to market your masks commercially?

Nicely done, but I think you have the aerial mast in the hole for the signalling light. The mast goes on the hump behind the canopy. Are you going to market your masks commercially?

You may be right. on the mast and the signalling light. I will take a look and perhaps fix it one day when I have a few moments. I used white glue so its something that won't wreck the model.

Yes masks and bases are commercially available. Just PM me. so far I have done the camo for Spitfire, Hurricane and P-40 with Markings to order. I have the various roundels stock standard. I need to do a nose for IX's and above but don't have one ready at the moment. PM me if you need anything

Bases come finished and unfinished with a selection of sizes and surfaces. Green, sand, asphalt and dark desert with stones