Martin Baker Mk. GRU5 seats are out now.

JeffreyK

Hi all,

I've just released my latest product: a set of MB Mk. GRU5 seats for early Intruders in 1:48. The seats were used in all A-6A and EA-6A aircraft as well as in early A-6E until the mid 70's.

The seats are designed to fit the HobbyBoss cockpits. I haven't tested them on Revell of Kinetic kits so I can't say whether they fit without modifications. The seats have individually placed harness straps and hose detail and come with a pair of drogue gun rods for each seat as well.

Here are some photos:

GRU5_inst_zpsvxa0fhwl.jpg

GRU5_sides_zps8zu9ykxw.jpg

GRU5_top_zpsg2i6t95e.jpg

GRU5_Main_zpshksbjw7s.jpg

Direct link to the product: https://www.hypersonicmodels.co.uk/product/martin-baker-mk-gru5-ejection-seats

Cheers

Jeffrey

• Like 2

As for the A-6A/A-6E, it's definitely one of HobbyBoss's finest! The few flaws of the kit are the wrong seats in the A-6A kit, the comical exhausts with the turbine face sitting at an angle and the simplified intake/compressor face. The seats and exhausts you can get from me (Hyperosnic Models), and for a nicely detailed seamless intake you can buy XMM's excellent product. Some nice decals (Furball, Fightertown, AOA...) and there's no excuse not to build an absolute stunner!

I hope they will do an EA-6A and EA-6B as well, but I'm not holding my breath as that would mean some major new tooling.

Jeffrey

• 2 months later...