color F15 C MSIP II Lakenheath

Linus

Hi mates,

I recently saw a couple of F15C LN, visiting A. B.Aviano Coloring camufage appeared to be a shadow of blue tint. Does anyone know the FS.? Or it is a particular color that reflects? In any case, if anyone knows the FS, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Cheers

Linus

Can you explain to me scale fade? I have a 15 to build?

Thanks

Jon

You basically just add a certain percentage of white to lighten your colors. It does vary depending on scale. I don't bother, but someone who uses the technique will be along soon with the proper percentages.

The Mod Eagle scheme is quite tricky in acrylics because there's no equivalents in most lines. Xtracrylix has both colors but they are very dark. Lifecolor also has them and I think they are pretty accurate. The gray-blue doesn't look the part in the bottle but sprays beautifully and accurate (to my eyes).

Can't speak for enamel...

Hi, Linus and Johnny, I built a Hasegawa F-15C back in 2012. My pics are under "Lakenheath F-15C", in http://www.britmodel...913005&hl=TimB . I ended up using Gunze H308 for the lighter gray, and H337 plus 15% H15 blue for the darker, and still think its pretty close.

Regards, Tim