Thanks again for the kind comments - I'm glad you liked her :)

I'm a real fan of Airfix's new kits - the panel lines may be a little to heavy for my liking, but once they've had a coat of paint and providing you don't add a panel wash (which will only make them look worse and completely out of scale) the surface detailing is pretty good. They seem to be getting better with each release - I may treat myself to the Blenheim at some point, too.

Tom

• Like 1

Stunning ( and tempting ) build, Tom, well done ! You are right with the panel lines, just leave them, no wash and they look fine !

Gorgeously tidy build! I like execution of the exhaust stains. Given their prominence, I think you made the right call on the panel lines.

regards,

Jason

Great work Tom.

These Airfix new tooling are not bad, I am worried about the plastic, it seems a little brittle though.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Simon.

I didn't find it a problem Simon, although to be fair I haven't put it under a 'stress test' as of yet! ;)

Nice build. How did you come to those upper splinter colours?

Matt.

Thanks, Matt - and the camo is my interpretation of the Airfix colour guide.... Xtracolour RLM 70/71

Edited by tomprobert

Excellent work Tom!

I intend to build one of these for the upcoming Battle of Britain GB. I think I'll have to get the Do 17z plus Paul Defiant boxing, in order to have decals within the time frame of the Battle. It seems that the particular aircraft you built was shot down over Britain on the 3rd of July 1940, a few days before the official start of the Battle.

• Like 1