1/48 SAAF Cheetah D

Just finished this for the Lesser Built Air-Forces Group Build.

It's the old 1/48 Heller Mirage III B/C kit modified with the Spinners (now Scaleworx) resin conversion set.

Drop tanks were from Wingman but modified with tailfins from the Italeri Nesher kit. Probe and inflight refuelling tip were from Master Models.

SAAF47.jpg

SAAFusr.jpg

SAAFusf.jpg

SAAFlsf.jpg

More photos can be found in the Group build gallery here and the WIP can be found here

And for my civvie friends, here's the mandatory "with something else" pic (SAAF Mirage III CZ, also from 2 Squadron) :

SAAF49.jpg

Hope you like it.

mike

• Like 21

Wow Mike - Great result. Who wudda thunk all those odds and ends could end up being made to look like this. What a vision you must have had.

Never did see a Cheetah D in real life, but Mirage IIIs based at Waterkloof AFB often overflew Pretoria Boys High. Dr. Brooks would just be warming to his favourite Scalars and Vectors pronouncements, and we would see the Mirages zip by overhead, in complete silence. Then a few seconds later, the noise would follow, and just shut the class down. Dr Brooks had got shell shock in the First World War, and often kept lecturing without realizing we couldn't hear a thing. I never understood Physics, so no big loss for me. The headmaster was always grumbling, just waiting for the son of somebody with clout in the Air Force to be enrolled.

Still love the camo schemes compared to the lo viz, but nicely, nicely done.

Cheers,

Mike

Jislaaik it! Excellent work, such an amazing looking plane, great to see this here. I must really get my Cheetah C brought forward in the queue.

Sublime.

WOW that is one stunning build of a fantastic looking aircraft. I love it.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Zhizhou

What they all said Michael! I'm not giving you any more superlatives or you won't be able to get yer 'ead through the door on Wednesday...!! :tease:

And have you ever brought that lovely CZ down to club? Can't recall seeing that beauty before!

Keith

Love it,the Cheetah D is my favourite Mirage derivative,I have 1/72 one in the stash to do at some point along with its single seat sister.